Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/11/2008 8:22am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hindai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never tried Lao Chi and I've never heard of it before this thread, I never claimed to be defending any particular style, I myself study Shaolin Kung Fu in South Birmingham Woodrush Sports Centre, I've been doing it three months and like I have stated, I know next to nothing about Martial Arts. If you need any proof of what I've said just find the book at a local library, there are well over 300 emblems in that book. RobAgle has stumbled on my point, I'm NOT talking about Lao Chi Kung Fu, I'm talking about the words "Lao Chi," from what I've heard of the club it doesn't sound like a place I would want to train in. I am defending my translation because that is my specific academia.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/11/2008 8:39am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never tried Lao Chi and I've never heard of it before this thread, I never claimed to be defending any particular style, I myself study Shaolin Kung Fu in South Birmingham Woodrush Sports Centre, I've been doing it three months and like I have stated, I know next to nothing about Martial Arts. If you need any proof of what I've said just find the book at a local library, there are well over 300 emblems in that book. RobAgle has stumbled on my point, I'm NOT talking about Lao Chi Kung Fu, I'm talking about the words "Lao Chi,"

Yes, we know what you are talking about, there is no "stumbled." It is obvious. We know you are discussing "Lao Chi" and the definition. Yes, we know you aren't talking about the art itself.

We took it in another direction.

We are saying we wonder if you were a former student/teacher/etc trying to prove Lao Chi as a phrase exists, therefore, they guy may be using it legitimately.

from what I've heard of the club it doesn't sound like a place I would want to train in. I am defending my translation because that is my specific academia.
    Yes, apparently, you can't differentiate dialect from calligraphy.

Do you wonder why there is a question?

Posted On:
    9/21/2008 6:11pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: lau gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

hi

i was looking at your post about that club .now ther is a hung gar school in liverpool do you know any think about this club because i wanted to give it a try.and maybe you can help me out i have been out side liverpool for manney years now before i left i used to train with alfie lewis but i dont no were his club is now any advice will be great gary.

Posted On:
    1/18/2009 5:10pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gary.show@gmail
    i was looking at your post about that club .now ther is a hung gar school in liverpool do you know any think about this club because i wanted to give it a try.and maybe you can help me out i have been out side liverpool for manney years now before i left i used to train with alfie lewis but i dont no were his club is now any advice will be great gary.
    If you are referring to the club in the University sports centre, then I went there for about a year or so. I left because of moving away from the area, but really enjoyed it. If you are into traditional Kung Fu clubs, this is great.

Posted On:
    9/03/2010 10:19am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I have read all this chit chat about the Lao chi Kung fu federation and I will defend this club,yes I am a student and yes I like the style and yes I have studied other forms in the past
    firstly who really cares about a name, if your that wrapped up in names or how something is translated,study languages, I dont and all I Know is that this system does work,as a defensive technique(which is all I want cause I dont need to go round bashing peoples heads in for fun, I have got a brain and I like to use it), will probably get some smart arse comment from a few members for this.
    This club is friendly enviroment to increase ones own confidence and defensive skills.
    We dont all need to take the world on.
    Whilst at this club I have been taught many blocks,kicks ,strikes, punches, that actually do work,ask the guy on the other end of them,who decided to try to be hard in front of his mates, he wasn't laughing for long and I walked away, so if this style was a bunch of crap, I wouldn't be writing this.
    There have been a few people who have turned up to the club, with this attitude that they know everything(which they dont) and because you have to start all forms from scratch(to gauge your ability) ,then they spit their dummies out and start writing rubbish on forums like this, because, they didn't get their own way.

As`for the grading system, use your brains this is per sash, i.e 3 months for white then 6 months further training(if good enough) for next sash until blue which can be at least a year if not more in total this could take you a minimum of 5-6 years(if your good enough) to get to black sash, only then are you classed as a junior instructor, whose roll is to help the sifu(by the way sifu is a term which could be used for some one that has trained fully in a subject, a fully trained motor mechanic could be calle sifu or shifu, if one so desired)

The people who keep coming back know the truth and if it didn't work or help, there wouldn't be a club,because people wouldn't keep coming back.simples.

Any way, finally, as I probably wont write again on this subject, if it works for you, what does it matter about a name,this based on 5 animal kung fu, as I have a good friend who trained with them for many years , I asked him if what I was doing was any different and other than him being far superior to me the styles were the same.

so........before you start commenting on something an unhappy person has stated,check it out first then form an opinion, then if you dont like it find what you do,like bashing your head against a wall...:):):):
    dexo:biggrin:

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/03/2010 10:35am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dexo View Post
    Well I have read all this chit chat about the Lao chi Kung fu federation and I will defend this club,yes I am a student and yes I like the style and yes I have studied other forms in the past
    firstly who really cares about a name, if your that wrapped up in names or how something is translated,study languages, I dont and all I Know is that this system does work,as a defensive technique(which is all I want cause I dont need to go round bashing peoples heads in for fun, I have got a brain and I like to use it), will probably get some smart arse comment from a few members for this.
    This club is friendly enviroment to increase ones own confidence and defensive skills.
    Whilst at this club I have been taught many blocks,kicks ,strikes, punches, that actually do work,ask the guy on the other end of them,who decided to try to be hard in front of his mates, he wasn't laughing for long and I walked away, so if this style was a bunch of crap, I wouldn't be writing this.
    There have been a few people who have turned up to the club, with this attitude that they know everything(which they dont) and because you have to start all forms from scratch(to gauge your ability) ,then they spit their dummies out and start writing rubbish on forums like this, because, they didn't get their own way.

As`for the grading system, use your brains this is per sash, i.e 3 months for white then 6 months further training(if good enough) for next sash until blue which can be at least a year if not more in total this could take you a minimum of 5-6 years(if your good enough) to get to black sash, only then are you classed as a junior instructor, whose roll is to help the sifu(by the way sifu is a term which could be used for some one that has trained fully in a subject, a fully trained motor mechanic could be calle sifu or shifu, if one so desired)

The people who keep coming back know the truth and if it didn't work or help, there wouldn't be a club,because people wouldn't keep coming back.simples.

Any way, finally, as I probably wont write again on this subject, if it works for you, what does it matter about a name,this based on 5 animal kung fu, as I have a good friend who trained with them for many years , I asked him if what I was doing was any different and other than him being far superior to me the styles were the same.

so........before you start commenting on something an unhappy person has stated,check it out first then form an opinion, then if you dont like it find what you do,like bashing your head against a wall...:):):):
    It worries you enough to defend the school on a long dead thread.. So, you aren't using your brain.

Posted On:
    9/03/2010 10:53am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thought I would stay on to see how long some one took to reply,not long,I am impressed, firstly only just joined, and secondly only just read thread, thirdly,must have upset you for you to reply:mblah05::mblah05::mblah05::mblah05::mblah05: :mblah05::mblah05::mblah05::mblah05::mblah05::mbla h05::mblah05::mblah05::mblah05::mblah05:sado

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/03/2010 11:12am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

It is quite obvious, by the date of the last post, length of your first post, and your caveat you are highly upset.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    9/03/2010 11:43am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This statement is incompatible with a rating of 10 in striking. A 10 requires that your gym has several world class strikers that compete regularly. Below is a link to the "How to post ratings" thread. Please read it and adjust your scores accordingly.

Ratings and You - Read This Before Posting Your Review - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

Here is the specific part that is relevant to your review:

So far the only other review to net several deserved "10s" is a member's review of the American Top Team training facility in Coconut Creek, Florida. This complex is a 10000+ square foot mecca for aspiring pro fighters with a full weight yard, a matted instruction surface, rings, cages, full lockers, parking, etc. Further, that school has grappling and BJJ instructors who are multi-time world champions, Muay Thai, MMA and Boxing instructors who hold titles in many different organizations or have been members of their respective US Olympic team at one time or another. That's what your school is rated against and should be compared to when you think your striking or grappling instruction is a 10.
    and

Striking Instruction:

1-3: No striking.
    4-5: Striking for punching/kicking only and/or limited purposes (demonstration, highly restrictive sport).
    6-7: Comprehensive striking (all ranges) or superior single range striking with success in local/regional competition or practical application.
    8-9: Pressure-tested, full range striking and proven success in limited restriction, top level competitions or high level self defense situations.
    10: Superior excellence including A-level competitors/instructors

Posted On:
    9/03/2010 1:12pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    helloo everybodies
    Nope not upset,
    just havin a lark,
    thought I'd see what Response I would get from a long drawn out essay, I tend to waffle. hence the reply I gave...blah blah blah.
    Sorry if I have offended people with the ratings,didn't know it was that serious:hijackp::wav:But I seem to have brought people back in on a thread thats supposedly DEAD
    keep smiling:tongue2:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast