Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2007 8:20pm

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Equipment Review: Everlast Personal Timer

I've been doing bagwork interval training at home two nights a week, and I got sick of using the radio as my ring bell.

I picked one of these up at Sports Authority for $9.99. The first one didn't work right, but the second one has done the trick.

Not much to it, you set the rounds for 2 or 3 minutes, and the break for 30 or 60 seconds, then you choose how many rounds. A bell sounds, and the round starts, the bell sounds and it ends. As I said, not much too it.

It is plastic with a large LCD screen, and it seems like Everlast sourced this out to a manufacturer of Beepers, circa 1996.

I wish it buzzed and sputtered with 15 seconds left in a round, like my first one did, but it doesn't. I'll probably add a output jack from RadShack to output to a speaker, so I can use it without having to have it at a close proximity.

I've used it for burpee drills and bag work, but I suppose it would be good for interval sprints too (I'm using CardioCoach for those right now, but I've not used it long enough for a review)

Pros: Cheap, has a bell.

Cons: Cheaply made, not as many settings as the ring timer at my school.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/08/2007 9:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm guessing that it is battery powered, but with what type of batteries? Also, is it loud enough to hear over music at a moderate volume?

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    4/08/2007 11:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy crap, I need one of these! Thanks for the review. I've never seen one at sports authority before.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2007 9:00am

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertGurley
    I'm guessing that it is battery powered, but with what type of batteries? Also, is it loud enough to hear over music at a moderate volume?
    Two AAA batteries (included). Moderate music, yeah, loud music, not really. It has a vibrate mode, as I said, kind of like a beeper on vibrate. It includes and armstrap, but like almost all armstraps for mp3 players or similar, it is too small for my upper arms. It does kinda fit around my forearms. It has a belt clip, and it managed to stay on my shorts for two minutes of burpees/hindu pushups.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/09/2007 9:11am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been looking for one of those puppies at Sports Authority, but they never had them in stock (or they are too lazy to make new orders).
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris