Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    4/09/2007 6:20pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always figured if I was going to hit someone with my gun I'd do it with the barrel.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2007 7:20pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We have a family friend who is a surgeon. He said he did his residency in the area of Jacksonville N.C.. When he was working the E.R. NC State troopers would bring in drunk Marines out of Camp Lejeune after a DUI stop. Our friend said he would get to close up 12 to 24 small U shaped cuts in the Marines heads prior to their booking. They ran their mouths to the trooper and the trooper corrected their attitudes with the butt of his revolver. I vote for a revolver.

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    4/10/2007 10:11am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw
    A guy hit me w/ a .45 in the head during a drug-deal gone bad once...he hit me and the clip fell out.
    Please read Anna's posts #2 and #3. Only certain military rifles can be directly clip fed (eg. Mauser, Enfield, Springfield, SKS, M14). No pistol that I am aware of can have its magazine topped off with a clip while the magazine is in the pistol.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    4/10/2007 2:25pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TEA
    Please read Anna's posts #2 and #3. Only certain military rifles can be directly clip fed (eg. Mauser, Enfield, Springfield, SKS, M14). No pistol that I am aware of can have its magazine topped off with a clip while the magazine is in the pistol.
    People who don't want to get their fingers smashed think so, but those of us who don't mind getting our fingers smashed know better,

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    4/10/2007 2:46pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    People who don't want to get their fingers smashed think so, but those of us who don't mind getting our fingers smashed know better,
    Please elaborate. Is there a pistol that allows you to top of the magazine with a clip while the magazine is in the pistol?

Not liking to have my fingers smashed, I like to use a stripper clip when cleaning my M14 to avoid M1 thumb. One of the bigger faults of John Garand's original design, IMHO, is the inability to top of the magazine with stripper clips.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2007 7:06pm

Style: MCMAP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    there are two pistols that im aware of that use stripper clips to feed the mag, the Mauser C96 and some Steyr or other, 1898 or something.

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    4/11/2007 9:07pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming East
    there are two pistols that im aware of that use stripper clips to feed the mag, the Mauser C96 and some Steyr or other, 1898 or something.
    So, basically, pre-WWI pistols?

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    4/11/2007 9:50pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TEA
    Please elaborate. Is there a pistol that allows you to top of the magazine with a clip while the magazine is in the pistol?

Not liking to have my fingers smashed, I like to use a stripper clip when cleaning my M14 to avoid M1 thumb. One of the bigger faults of John Garand's original design, IMHO, is the inability to top of the magazine with stripper clips.
    I was kidding, but I think there is a vintage German pistol that was clip fed from the top. Maybe some flavor of Luger.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12