Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    4/10/2007 8:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

ABC's 20/20 Looking for "Armed Citizens" Stories

Ray Terry of the Dojang Digest forwarded this to the mail group.

ABC's "20/20" Seeking "Armed Citizen" Stories
    Friday, April 06, 2007

Gun ban groups often claim that private citizens rarely, if ever, use guns in self-defense. ABC News' "20/20" is now putting that claim to the test, asking viewers to submit their own real-life "Armed Citizen" stories.

ABC's website asks: Have you ever defended yourself from a crime in your home, in your business, or in public by using a gun? Perhaps you warded off a potential attacker by simply showing a gun?

If you've personally used a gun in a legitimate act of self-protection against a criminal attacker, we encourage you to tell your story to ABC News.

To tell your story, go to http://www.abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=3015150
    and complete the web form.
    -----------------------------------------------------------

edited to add:

If you have stories you're willing to share with 20/20, how about sharing them here, too? Also, please forward the original e-mail to all your gun owning friends so that 20/20 can hopefully get inundated with stories.
    Last edited by TEA; 4/10/2007 11:01am at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/10/2007 10:37am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just filled out one instance where having a CCW helped me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    4/10/2007 10:52am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Dumb of Me not to Ask

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    I just filled out one instance where having a CCW helped me.
    What happened?

Dumb of me not to ask in the OP for members to tell their own stories.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/10/2007 12:43pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TEA
    What happened?

Dumb of me not to ask in the OP for members to tell their own stories.
    Still have the story on notepad. :)

I applied and received my CCW from the state of Florida, in 7/21/05. I applied after an incident left me with minimal use of my legs, and was worried about self defense.

It was around November of 2005 that the first incident happened, it was cooler in Boca Raton that night, and my friend and I decided to eat outside of a Restaurant for dinner. We weren't the only ones, and about 10 feet from us were approx 7 to 10 young males. Their number changed as they were going inside to replenish their beverages. One in particular, the loudest, got up, walked to about 5 feet of me in the bushes, and started to relieve himself. I asked him "What the f*ck are you doing?" He told me, "Shut the Hell Up" and walked away. I complained to my server, and subsequently to the Manager, who asked them to pay their bill and leave.

Coincedently, I was also finishing up my meal, and my buddy and I started to leave. As I was limping away, I noticed the whole group started following me. As we go closer to the parking lot, the loudmouth starts with racial slurs, and how they are gonna beat my chink ass. At this point, I tell my buddy to keep going, get the car and bring it around. I stopped, pulled out my Polymer .40 and took aim at the group. That stopped them in their tracks. There were a few, "You ain't gonna do sh*t", to which I told them, "Turn around, or find out". Thirty seconds later, after some grandstanding and showboating, they turned and walked back in.

I got in my friend's car, and left. I know to this day, if I were not armed, I would have taken a beating from a bunch of drunk idiots. Having a CCW is a deterent to crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    4/10/2007 1:03pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great story, thanks for sharing. Glad everything worked out for you.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/11/2007 10:17am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    good one - like that 14 Asian kid with the bully video that I just watched. Good stuff.

It has nothing to do with this thread other than my soggy memory is stirred up, but I have an unarmed 12 year old girl (colored belt in 'good' karate) vs idiot story. There was a nut running bikers off the road here for a month or two, years ago. He ran this little gal off the road and she yelled at him. He got out and punched her in the gut. She doubled over and came up with a front snap to the balls. He went down and she ran to a house and got help and called the cops and they took him away. Of course since we all know here that children and teenage girl's karate skills won't work for sd, (read Phrost's original wiki where delusional teen girl thinks her deadly skills...) I'm just making this up. Oh, by the way, her Sensei chewed her out and told her she was an idiot for yelling at the guy and escalating the situation, though he obviously was real happy that she nailed the moron.

I always liked the subway guy who took out the muggers in NY years ago. It was very controversial (to dimwits). I was all for it. You think that your gang can bully and steal? Surprise, you're dead or crippled for life with a slug in your spine. Too bad, gee, I spend days and nights worrying about the poor boys.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez