223755 Bullies, 3778 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    4/17/2007 11:34am

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by teddy_bear
    The polymer frame is steel reinforced, does that count? :P
    not really. i primarily want the steel frame for the weight - i like the xd, but it's too light for my tastes. (i should note that i'd be buying one as a range gun, not for carry)

Have a look at the new M&P from S&W. It's a polymer-framed gun like the XD, but it's DAO and has a 'one piece trigger'. Supposedly sports a light, crisp pull compared to other DAOs.
    everything i've heard about the new m&p is good, except for one thing - that fucking lock. as long as they're insisting on that piece of idiocy, they aren't getting my money.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2007 5:52pm

Style: wing chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    having read the sources of information about how the xd works my only reply is as follows. the source of information i relied upon was springfield armory. after calling thier number at (309) 944-8994 my question was directed to the sales dept. Their own people told me that a xd does not entirely cock the striker upon chambering a round.

maybe i was misinformed by someone there. will make an effort to find info about how the xd works from thier website at www.springfield-armory.com and hope to clarify the matter of what your sources haved said as opposed to what springfield told me. had i not sold my xd to purchase the beretta storm carbine maybe i could have disassembled the pistol and found my answer there.

by the way have found several firearms related topics on the site wikipedia not to be entirely accurate. would recommend doing as i have and calling the relevent manufacturer for any questions. then again i did that with springfield and the xd. still not sure how that has turned out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2007 10:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    not really. i primarily want the steel frame for the weight - i like the xd, but it's too light for my tastes. (i should note that i'd be buying one as a range gun, not for carry)

everything i've heard about the new m&p is good, except for one thing - that fucking lock. as long as they're insisting on that piece of idiocy, they aren't getting my money.
    Internal lock and magazine disconnect are both optional ;P

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    4/18/2007 8:58am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Teddy Bear, just out of curiousity, are you a Red Sovine fan?

http://redsovine.com/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/18/2007 9:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TEA
    Teddy Bear, just out of curiousity, are you a Red Sovine fan?

http://redsovine.com/
    Nah. It's a nickname given to me by a friend. ;P

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    4/18/2007 10:54am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nah. It's a nickname given to me by a friend. ;P
    Well, if you haven't already, check out the lyrics to some of his songs. :guitar: Or better yet, listen to them if you can. His Teddy Bear song is supposed to be sad and moving, but is guaranteed to make you laugh your ass off if you have any sense of humor at all. One of my co-workers brought him to our attention a few weeks ago and played us some of his tunes. Now we can't stop making fun of the guy.

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    4/18/2007 11:47am

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Internal lock and magazine disconnect are both optional ;P
    ...for law enforcement. last i heard, s&w was refusing to sell m&p's without those 'features' to regular civilians. if you have evidence otherwise, i'd be interested in hearing it (i haven't followed things as closely of late as i used to).

Posted On:
    4/18/2007 1:15pm

Style: Phucking Phrost

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :qleft1: WOW! damn so many suggestions, I haven't looked at this thread in a bit.

Okay I've talked to my brother who was really into guns at one point, anymore he's a musician though(yeah I know, how could anyone want to trade a gun in for a guitar)
    He's agreed alot with the advice saying I should get a 22.

you gotta crawl before you can walk right.

as for stopping power, really not a big deal where I live, not to much crime.
    (I live in the burbs,) so I guess I can wait on that

well everyone thanks for the advice

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/18/2007 8:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    ...for law enforcement. last i heard, s&w was refusing to sell m&p's without those 'features' to regular civilians. if you have evidence otherwise, i'd be interested in hearing it (i haven't followed things as closely of late as i used to).
    I've heard of several instances where people simply went to their dealers, said they wanted to order an M&P with no mag disconnect and no internal lock, and that's what they got. Might be worth looking into.
    Quote Originally Posted by TEA
    Well, if you haven't already, check out the lyrics to some of his songs. :guitar: Or better yet, listen to them if you can. His Teddy Bear song is supposed to be sad and moving, but is guaranteed to make you laugh your ass off if you have any sense of humor at all. One of my co-workers brought him to our attention a few weeks ago and played us some of his tunes. Now we can't stop making fun of the guy.
    Will do. :D
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789