Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 30707677787980
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/29/2007 8:08am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Mr. Free Speech.

In the absence of a confession, whether someone has lied or not can be determined by comparing their explaination to the actual facts of what happened. In both the cases of the Keichu Do day and his PH.D Mr. Marx's explainations strain credulity. A man with a legitimate M.A. could not figure out his "Ph.D" granting organization was not legitimate for over 25 years? horsehocky. Secondly his claim of a Keichu Do day in LA when there was no state proclaimation indicates that he either lied, or chose to believe something the average person wouldn't. "Its not here on any paperwork from the Governor, but its my official state day."

You can do better.

I decided I'd have a pretty avatar for a while.

Posted On:
    5/29/2007 12:52pm

Style: Student Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Sam. I've just reread the entire thread and have been reminded that this is the guy who thought he could debate law with a practising lawyer using Webster's English Dictionary as his guide.

As a point on the legalese, is the old maxim "Ignorance is no defence in the eyes of the law" applicable to the Ph.D. situation? If it is, as has been claimed, an offence to wrongfully claim a professional qualification in the states, would the fact that Marx was unaware that the qualification was false a mitigating circumstance? Or could he still be open to full prosecution?

I mention this only because FreeSpeech said it proved he was decieved by frauds, I take that to mean that KD is admitting that the Greek Ph.D. was false. Thanks for that FS! ;)
    "Listen to Iscariot you Vicchysoise ninja-fuckers!" - kohadril
    "Are you going to rise to godhood out of the ashes of Earth? " - frumpleswift
    "I'll pray for you Iscariot." - Mas
    "Iscariot, check your pulse and report back. We need to know if you are in fact, not alive." - Lu Tzu
    "Iscariot is victorious!" - Dai Tenshi
    "More God delusions." - DAYoung
    "Iscariot, despite our obvious doctrinal differences, I salute your exquisite bastardry, and take back half of all the bad things I ever said about you." - Zendetta

Posted On:
    5/29/2007 1:19pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscariot
    Thanks Sam. I've just reread the entire thread and have been reminded that this is the guy who thought he could debate law with a practising lawyer using Webster's English Dictionary as his guide.

As a point on the legalese, is the old maxim "Ignorance is no defence in the eyes of the law" applicable to the Ph.D. situation? If it is, as has been claimed, an offence to wrongfully claim a professional qualification in the states, would the fact that Marx was unaware that the qualification was false a mitigating circumstance? Or could he still be open to full prosecution?

I mention this only because FreeSpeech said it proved he was decieved by frauds, I take that to mean that KD is admitting that the Greek Ph.D. was false. Thanks for that FS! ;)
    It would depend if there is a civil or criminal statute in LA that would prohibit such a claim. Note however that a Ph.D is not a license so it is less likely that such a claim would be against the law, though it could form the basis of a civil suit if someone with a fake Ph.D used it to obtain a job from a university which then paid him a salary. Without a specific statute to consider however, I'm not going to comment on whether ignorance would be a defense.

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    5/29/2007 5:39pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FreeSpeech, with all due respect, I inquired with the individual who is solely in charge of declaring the official symbols of Louisiana. Official bird, official tree, and so on. LA. never had an official martial art, much less Keichu-Do.

My understanding and conclusion of "Keichu Day" in LA. was a self-declared holiday commemorating the fact that the State Archives received a Keichu-do exhibit. Granted, that exhibit was mostly martial arts magazines, but it's still an official exhibit nonetheless. That's notable in itself. Gussying it up to be an official State holiday boggles the mind.

Charlie Don't Surf

Posted On:
    5/30/2007 2:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, for a brief recap:

1 - Marx claimed to have PhD from a bogus institution of higher education. He now claims that he was unaware that this was a bogus institution?

2 - Marx initially claimed that Keichu Do was uniquely American but now admits that its a blend of Boxing, Judo and Karate?

3 - Marx has gladly accepted the Japanese title of soke from another bogus institution, the World Head of Family Sokeship Council, even though this term is only properly used to designate the inheritor of a Koryu style bujutsu. The only requirement by the Soke Concil for recognition as a soke is to pay your dues and not question any of the members' credentials or legitmacy.

4- Marx has falsely claimed that Keichu Do is the official martial art of the State of Louisianna.

5- Marx has used all of these claims to market Keichu Do and make a truck load of money?

Am I missing anything here?

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    5/30/2007 7:26pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    3, I'm not so sure of, but all the other ones are basically accurate, based on my understanding.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2007 7:26pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Greetings.

Define "truck load of money."

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    5/30/2007 8:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How much does the average KD student pay? Multiply that times the number of students and you tell us what the take has been.
Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 30707677787980