wow another megathread

Genius

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 12:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cajun Boxing... instead of a mouthpiece, they just stuff more chewing tobacco in their mouth than usual.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." – Voltaire.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    12/01/2006 9:20am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just cherry-picking here, but two things to be cleared up:

1. Pugilism as an organized sport is considered to be English in origin; it was developed as a supplement and alternative to "prize-fighting" with the sword.

2. The "Association for Retarded Citizens" is absolutely legit and does wonderful work with people, mostly adults, with a wide range of developmental delays and cognitive problems. While some of you may find the name unfortunate, this is a great organization helping people who often aren't getting adequate help from others. It's because of organizations like ARC that people who would have lived in institutions 30 years ago are today living in houses and working at jobs. ARC operates group homes, businesses that employ folks with cognitive delays, and counseling and job-coaching to get people employed in other places.

Some of you seem astounded at the use of the word "retarded." Let me make this clear: "retarded" literally means "delayed." It is the most informative and specific one-word description of mental retardation possible; the specific trait that defines MR/MI is a significant processing delay. Lots of idiots have gotten a chuckle over the years calling people "RE-tards," which is the only reason some professionals thought it was important to abandon that term and go to something else. I disagree with that point of view, but whatever. In any case, I always get a chuckle out of hearing someone call someone else a "RE-tard." Ha ha, genius, your use of a mispronounced verb as a noun has proven your mental superiority! Congratulations, dummy.

Posted On:
    5/26/2007 1:31am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: KeichuDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seeing how this is my first post I realize I won't have much credibility, but after hearing about this thread from a fellow dojo student I decided I had to make a reply. It seems as if there are two seperate and distinct issues being discussed here:
    1. Soke Marx and his claims of educational achievements as well as KeichuDo being some sort of "official state" martial art.
    2. The effectiveness of KeichuDo

I'd like to offer my own viewpoints on both of these issues.

I've met Soke Marx twice. He's an engaging old fellow. Very personable and very likeable. Is he a Ph.D? Is KeichuDo the official martial art of Louisiana? Hell if I know. I really don't care if any of these issues are true or not. All I care about is the effectiveness of the fighting style. So, towards that end let me state....

I started looking for a dojo to train in about five years ago. I joined the United Martial Arts Association and quickly realized it was a McDojo before I even knew the term existed. I stayed there about five months before becoming so disgusted with the Romper Room atmosphere that I left and joined an Aikido dojo. I quickly realized it fit the category of "Grab my wrist ************ so I can non-violently engage you".

I spent the next few years working on my heavy bag and trying to find a dojo that would actually offer something useful in the way of self defense. After a lot of searcing, I found a KeichuDo dojo. It was the first thing I'd found where it actually looked like what they were teaching would have some practical benefit.

I've been a member of the dojo for a year now and I can honestly say that I am much more capable now than I was before I started. Is it the most perfect dojo in the entire world? Probably not. Is it the most perfect discipline in the entire world? Probably not.

Is it the best dojo that available for me in my area? Absolutely. Do I feel like I've learned new techniques and skills that will aid me to defend myself and my family? Without a doubt.

You might be able to pick apart Soke Marx. I really don't care. You also might be able to pick apart his statements and claims. Again, I really don't care. I think (and it's just my opinion) that the people who are trying to discredit KeichuDo, have never visited a KeichuDo dojo and seen what really goes on. If they did so, they'd probably have a very different opinion.

Just my $.02

I decided I'd have a pretty avatar for a while.

Posted On:
    5/26/2007 4:49am

Style: Student Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Precedent of doubt. Marx has already proven to have lied. If he's lied once to the public and his students then you must accept that it is possible that he has lied more than once.

I'll let other people comment on whether or not it is the 'best' school in your area or whether you are more ready to defend yourself or not.
    "Listen to Iscariot you Vicchysoise ninja-fuckers!" - kohadril
    "Are you going to rise to godhood out of the ashes of Earth? " - frumpleswift
    "I'll pray for you Iscariot." - Mas
    "Iscariot, check your pulse and report back. We need to know if you are in fact, not alive." - Lu Tzu
    "Iscariot is victorious!" - Dai Tenshi
    "More God delusions." - DAYoung
    "Iscariot, despite our obvious doctrinal differences, I salute your exquisite bastardry, and take back half of all the bad things I ever said about you." - Zendetta

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    5/26/2007 11:22am

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been a member of the dojo for a year now and I can honestly say that I am much more capable now than I was before I started
    May I ask how you feel it's made you more capable?

Is it the most perfect dojo in the entire world? Probably not. Is it the most perfect discipline in the entire world? Probably not.
    Marx's son Victor Von Marx and his nephew Micah Lopez are what I've taken to be the "new generation" of Keichu-Do. Micah has acknowledged the incompleteness of the system in the context of MMA competition, but claims that the system is effective for self-defense. Given that it's a blend of judo, boxing, and other arts, there's some potential validitiy to that claim. The bigger issue that this site took with was the "special moves" and principles that were asserted to be unique to KD. That uniqueness was either a modification to a technique that rendered it less effective or an unnecessary one.

But here's where I disagree with you:

Is he a Ph.D? Is KeichuDo the official martial art of Louisiana? Hell if I know. I really don't care if any of these issues are true or not.
    If I solicit a doctor, a lawyer, or any sort of professional for their services, I select them based on their background, their education, their accomplishments, and so on. The doctors I visit are board-certified; the lawyers are licensed on the state, etc. If they have an accomplishment such as receiving an honor or award, that only reinforces their reputation. On the other hand, if they LIE about it, that damages their credibility.

MA in America is unique that asides from a business license, there is no licensing exam for quality of technique.

For some people, it doesn't matter if Marx lied about a Ph.D, or said that mononucleosis was caused by psychological problems, or says he made the first wholly American martial art when it was a combination of boxing, combatives, and Japanese martial arts. But for those on this site, there is a definite mission to root out facts and truth about questionable individuals so that consumers can make their own decision.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2007 2:24am

Style: Keichu-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscariot
    Precedent of doubt. Marx has already proven to have lied. If he's lied once to the public and his students then you must accept that it is possible that he has lied more than once.

I'll let other people comment on whether or not it is the 'best' school in your area or whether you are more ready to defend yourself or not.
    This is sheer defamation of character. Not a single individual on this site has provided any evidence of Mr. Marx having lied.

They have proven him to be the victim of fraudluent organisations.

As for the Keichu Day proof of that was sent to one of the members here argueing agianst Mr. Marx. I know because it was also sent to several other individuals to include myself.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2007 2:29am

Style: Keichu-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Judah Maccabee

Marx's son Victor Von Marx and his nephew Micah Lopez are what I've taken to be the "new generation" of Keichu-Do. Micah has acknowledged the incompleteness of the system in the context of MMA competition, but claims that the system is effective for self-defense. Given that it's a blend of judo, boxing, and other arts, there's some potential validitiy to that claim. The bigger issue that this site took with was the "special moves" and principles that were asserted to be unique to KD. That uniqueness was either a modification to a technique that rendered it less effective or an unnecessary one.
    The techniques offered are done in a manner (to the best of my knowledge) to make them as effective as possible for self defense purposes. So it is only natural that someone who trains in Judo would look at one of Keichu's Judo moves and think of it as incomplete. As for Keichu's "incompleteness" for SPORT MMA, it is because Keichu was not intended for sport.

I decided I'd have a pretty avatar for a while.

Posted On:
    5/29/2007 3:30am

Style: Student Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeSpeech
    This is sheer defamation of character.
    Is it really? Shall I have Bullshido's legal team look at the post then?

Not a single individual on this site has provided any evidence of Mr. Marx having lied.
    Keichu Do was claimed as the official martial art of....whatever backwater state it provides. Your claim, burden of proof on you. You didn't provide proof. Bullshido investigators went looking for proof, discovered it was not the official martial art from the person whose job it is to record things considered 'official' for that state.

That's before we move onto other things like his academic qualifications.
    "Listen to Iscariot you Vicchysoise ninja-fuckers!" - kohadril
    "Are you going to rise to godhood out of the ashes of Earth? " - frumpleswift
    "I'll pray for you Iscariot." - Mas
    "Iscariot, check your pulse and report back. We need to know if you are in fact, not alive." - Lu Tzu
    "Iscariot is victorious!" - Dai Tenshi
    "More God delusions." - DAYoung
    "Iscariot, despite our obvious doctrinal differences, I salute your exquisite bastardry, and take back half of all the bad things I ever said about you." - Zendetta

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    5/29/2007 3:37am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How does the idea that the technique was modified for self defense successfully address the idea that "that uniqueness was either a modification to a technique that rendered it less effective or an unnecessary one?"
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.