Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 80 FirstFirst 12345 67891555 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/18/2005 6:07pm

Style: Keichu-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well after reading the posts offered here this is only to put the opposite image up than the one you are trying to convey. Obviously you have a well uninformed opinion and I doubt that anything anyone can and will say has any hopes of changing that.

First I have to ask what is it that you have agianst the style and Soke Karl W Marx Sr? So far you have only admited to you own bigotry and nothing substantial.

Keichu-Do was founded in Louisiana by Soke Karl William Marx Sr (Minister, Ph.D, 10th Dan). It was a way of life for him before it became a style that was taught. In fact fighting has been a way of life for just about every Marx (from the above mentioned Marx family line). He is not the communist Marx that everyone seems to be calling to mind. His father was a prize fight who was ranked 3rd in the world. All of Keichu-Do's Techniques are gathered from street fights, bouncing, and various similar situations. Keichu was first formally taught as a form of womens self defense, but now is open to anyone who wants to learn how to defend themselves.

Before Keichu-Do became a recognised form of Martial Arts it obviously came under much debate once it appeared on the radar of the "Martial Art Society". As such it was accepted as a legitamet martial arts, the first to be created by an American. Then the debate came on how to classify it, which was determined that it was a Karate style. Keichu-Do is a combination of Kartae, Ju-Jitsu, Judo, Kempo (for weapons), and basic street smart Cajun self defense. It is open to anyone as I said before who wishes to learn how to defend themselves, but is a Christian Martial Arts. It offers a three fold self defense: Defense agianst
    1 physical attacks
    2 mental attacks
    3 Spiritual attacks
    Not only is it a self defense program but it also serves as an out reach ministry program. In the Christian veiw then the Oriental stereo typing that follows martial arts around is "pagan traditions" but the martial arts themselves are not. And as anyone who has any knowledge of Christianity will know you do not have to be a saint your entire life to be Christian. It is how you live your life after becoming Christian that matters. It is a highly effective form of self defense, and even the karate aspect of it seems to be quite effective. I saw a site that stated that the Keichu family had between them over 400 world titles and several olympic titles.
    Keichu-Do
    All Things Possible Ministry
    Any how that is enough for now. With God all things are Possible

K.V
    "Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit says the Lord" zech 4:6
    Last edited by KeichuVangaurd; 11/18/2005 6:12pm at . Reason: add links

Posted On:
    11/18/2005 6:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMcFu
    "It is a truly comprehensive system created specifically for Americans to enable them to protect themselves against the way Americans fight."

You know, since those Chinese, Brazilians, and Russians all use different kinds of physics.

It has nothing to do with physicis. It just has to do with differences in how we fight.

Posted On:
    11/18/2005 6:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SLJ
    What a load of ****!

>The "True Father of American Karate" since he never studied Karate from anyone.

Wow, that makes perfect sense.

That would surley make me, the "True Father of English Wing Chun" since I've never studied Wing Chun from anyone!

-----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have the power!" - He-man. The most powerful man in the Universe.
    (Short, sharp and to the point. Redefining the quotations of heros.)
    No that would suredly make you an English practioner of Wing Chun and not an Originator...

Posted On:
    11/18/2005 6:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurius
    What are they trying to accomplish, dressing friggin' karate students in haori and white hakama? Man, there must be one hell of a paucity of Japanese in Louisiana, for no one to have blew a WTF whistle. It's like he decided to open up a fencing school and dressed everybody like Jedi and gave them plastic lightsabers.

What's he going to do next, have them paint their faces white with red dots and learn 'Original Cajun Tea Ceremony' from the 'Father of American Tea Ceremony, because he never studied authentic Tea Ceremony ettiquette from a Japanese Tea Ceremony master'? Note to posers: Putting on a fuckin' skirt and samurai jacket does not make you Japanese. Quit pretending you like shitty anime (Trigun, I'm looking at you) and wear jeans and a leather vest around like you would if you were REAL practitioners of 'Cajun Karate'.

Not in particular response to this post but to the majority of the other posts. It seems that the stated opinions are coming from closed mindedness that gathers its information off of stereo types. Wake up! Keichu-Do has been in pratice for over 60 years as a legitamet martial arts and for even longer as a form of self defense. It has been accepted by more Martial Artists, most with high ranking black belts, and by styles and organizations around the world.

How sad it is to see that most of you are attacking something you had already formed an opinion of before you even tried to look into. It is also the thing that makes your opinion irrelavent except to yourself and those like you. Am I passing judgement not at all, merely presenting the image you have represented.

Keichu-Do (the technical look) All Things Possible
    The first is a link to the new site for Keichu-Do's founder, the second is to his son's (heir apparent) site.

Apparently after over 400 world titles and several olympic titles it is quite effect in the Competition area, and is highly effective in the sefl defense area.

Through God all things are possible
    K.V

Posted On:
    11/18/2005 6:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldust
    I actually have a story about a Cajun Karate guy who I met. Several years ago the guy who owned the school that I trained at also promotes the local MMA show. One day after class this guy comes in and wants information on how he can get into the next show. He was real cocky and said that he had been at the last show and that the guys that he saw fight weren’t very good. I took his name and information on his style so that I could give it to the promoter. He listed his style as Cajun Karate, founded by Karl Marx. He claimed that he had been training for three years and was a purple belt. He also stated that it was mostly grappling oriented and not much stand up. I did a search on the internet and found out that he was lying, from what I could tell it looked like your standard kata based karate. I think that he was lying in order to hopefully get matched up with a guy with a stand up background. He was real annoying and I really wanted to fight him and kick his ass.

The next show rolled around and I decided to take a break that month since I had just fought in three of the previous four months. When I got to the show to help out backstage with the weigh in I wish that I had brought my stuff because there was mister Cajun Karate himself just as cocky and annoying as before. His brother was his corner man and he was almost as annoying “You should be in the main event! This is going to be easy!” Cajun Karate guy was matched up with a guy who I used to train named Mike. Mike had good ground skills but weak stand up and striking. I told him “Don’t fool around with this guy. I know that he’s been bullshitting about his experience who knows what his grappling game consists of.” Well the bell rings and Cajun Karate guy comes out with his hands at his waist and his head held up way too high, Mike drives him into the fence, takes him down and proceeds to maul him for all three rounds ultimately taking a unanimous decision. Even after the fight he was still being annoying “I really won that fight. The judges just didn’t like me.” Not one second of any round could have been legitimately scored for the Cajun Karate guy. I was kicking myself for not bringing my equipment, I was in reasonably good condition and this guy just really rubbed me the wrong way, I wanted to pound the hell out of him. Even the crowd hated him and his brother, they booed him from the second he entered the cage. I thought that during the fight that his brother was going to go at it with some of the spectators because they were taunting him relentlessly.

Strangely enough though he did seem to ultimately learn something from the experience. About a year after the fight Mike ran into him at a restaurant. Mike said that his attitude was totally different and he told him “You totally kicked my ass. I wasn’t prepared for fighting in the cage at all.” He didn’t say if he was still training in Cajun Karate.

This is a moote point. There are indivduals like this in every style, admittedly it is as a practioner of Keichu it is a shame to here about these things when they happen. But our doors are open to anyone who wants to learn how to defned themselves.

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    11/18/2005 6:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, there are so many threads I don't remember posting in.
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

Posted On:
    11/18/2005 7:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosexmachina
    Wow, there are so many threads I don't remember posting in.
    With over 3,000 posts, I'm not surprised.

Posted On:
    11/18/2005 7:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Spiritual attacks?

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    11/18/2005 8:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KeichuVangaurd
    It has nothing to do with physicis. It just has to do with differences in how we fight.
    Like what? Be more specific. I grew up all around the globe and fighting pretty much followed the same concept.

Keichu-Do has been in pratice for over 60 years as a legitamet martial arts and for even longer as a form of self defense. It has been accepted by more Martial Artists, most with high ranking black belts, and by styles and organizations around the world.
    Riiight because we should take pples word for it. Given the state of MA nowadays "high ranking black belts" mean little, especially since most are self promoted.

Apparently after over 400 world titles and several olympic titles it is quite effect in the Competition area, and is highly effective in the sefl defense area.
    Proof please.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:
    11/18/2005 8:48pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi KeichuVangaurd,

Thanks for signing on here... I have a few questions about your martial art:

Your web site says your title is Karl William Marx Senior, PhD. What field did you recieve your PhD in, and what institution granted it?

You said:
    Techniques are gathered from street fights, bouncing, and various similar situations
    Have you received any formalized martial arts training? If so, what martial art, taught by whom, for how long?

You said:
    Since many fights begin without warning and a victim is knocked down, grappling and self-defense from vulnerable positions (such as lying on your back) are taught in this unique "Cajun Karate" style.
    Have you received any formalized grappling training? What style, what instructor, and how long have you trained with them?

Looking over your certifications.

In the recommendation from Secretary of State James H. Brown you have on your site. Do you have the second page of the letter? It’s cut off half way and the signature is missing. It says the following:
    Keichu-Do students have won four World Championships., two Junior National Olympic Gold and three Silver Medals, plus fifteen National Titles, not to mention numerous state and regional championships
    What organization conducted these championships, and what years? Who were the competitors that participated? What are the names of the other championships where your students won?

Finally, What would you say a typical class of yours consists of? Do you spar? If so, what protective gear do you wear when you spar, and what level of contact do you spar with?

Thank you for your honest answers to these questions,

-Henry
    Last edited by BSDaemon; 11/18/2005 8:56pm at .
Page 5 of 80 FirstFirst 12345 67891555 ... LastLast