Sponsored Links Spacer Image

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    11/28/2005 3:55pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In case no one else notices the first front choke technique is straight out of the "Judo for Self-Defense" class. Except judoka practice theri throws with resistance all the damn time.

Genius

Posted On:
    11/28/2005 7:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seth, I'm pretty sure there are a couple of Bullshido member chicks that weigh less than 150# and can break your arm if you try to "power out" of an armbar. I'm not sure how much Annatrocity weighs, but I'm confident that she could break you. A properly applied armbar can't be powered out of, once locked in. Strength does play a role in keeping it from getting locked in, though. Strength probably won't save you against superior technique on the ground.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 8:19am

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, people were going to talk to the teacher on Monday. It's Wednesday. What's the deal?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 11:20am

Style: BJJ, TKD, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    arm-bar from the mount requires like no strength, what is this fool jabbering about.

I've never heard anyone say "ugh, can't finish the arm-lock, not strong enough!"

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    12/01/2005 2:02am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well remember the armbar he's talking about is one he's been in - I wouldn't be supprised if you can slop out of a cajun armbar.

Seth, let me ask you one thing. Say I have a gun and point it at you from 50 feet away and I offer you a choice: 1. Someone takes a bite out of your calf or 2) Somone snaps your arm at the elbow and continues to twist it? If you try to look me in the eye and say 1, you're rationalizing and you know it.

I will say one quick thing - the Association of Retarded Citizens is a real american charity dating from a time when "Retarded" was still a clinical term.

I am trying hard to not judge this style based purely on KV since he appears to be one of the stupidest people on the internet, and I'm glad some other practitioners showed up.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    12/01/2005 2:14am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    I am trying hard to not judge this style based purely on KV since he appears to be one of the stupidest people on the internet, and I'm glad some other practitioners showed up.
    well I was happy too ... but I bet Seth was told never to come back becouse Bullshido is full of evil people who attack good people with "Spiritual attacks " . Since he is only a yellow belt I am sure he has been told not to risk his eternal soul ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

software engineer

Posted On:
    12/01/2005 8:18pm

supporting member
     Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This totally OT, but a poster named KeichuTrained joined Sherdog on 10/20.
    I asked him if he's seen this thread.
    Yes...I admit it, I post on Sherdog. :embarassed:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2005 9:16pm

Style: BJJ, TKD, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so do I, it's ok man.

Posted On:
    12/03/2005 1:26am

Style: Keichu-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Just for those who would not do it themselves.

Keichu
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
    You have new messages.
    Jump to: navigation, search
    Keichu Do
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keichu Do is a martial arts system created by American Karl Marx. The Keichu-Do system was un-officially started in 1945 and began being taught to the public in Louisiana, 1960. It currently has dojo's throughout the world, the founder/grand master's dojo is currently located in Santa Maria, California.

Keichu Do / Karl Marx History
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 1974 after 5 years of scrutinizing, Soké Marx's original Keichu-Do was accepted into the United States Karate Association by the late Grandmaster Robert Trias as an legitimate fighting system and recognized Soké Marx as a 6th Dan. In 1982 Soké Marx was recognized as an 8th Dan in Karate by the U.S.K.A. Also in 1982 Soké Marx was rated #1 in Fighting, Kata, and Weapons by a World Karate Organization. He won the State Championship's in Louisiana, and Texas, and the National Weapons Championship in the Masters Division. In 1997 Soké Marx was inducted into the U.S.K.A. Hall of Fame. In 1974 Soké Marx was the first American to be recognized as a 10th Dan by the International Black Belt Association.

Soké Marx holds a B.A. Degree in Psychology from Louisiana State University, a Masters Degree in Recreation, with a Minor in Special Education from Northwestern State University, and a Doctors Degree in Philosophy from International University of Missouri.

Technical Side

The techniques used in the system are a mix of traditional jujitsu, karate, judo, and "street fighting". Students are required to know striking, kicking, and blocking techniques from karate and jujitsu. A number of judo throws and grappeling techniques (including pins, chokes, arm and leg locks) are required parts of the curriculum. Mixed into the blend are a variety of "street fighting" techniques, basically ways of damaging your opponent in "non tradional" ways that can be used on the street where the traditional rules of ethics may become ignored. There are six belt ranks within the system, 53 "self defense" katas, and 7 extended/competition katas. There are also sets of punching and kicking combinations designed for the use in self defense or in sparring competition.
    Spiritual Side

Like many martial arts masters, in Soke Marx's later years he developed a desire to avoid the violence that had plagued his younger years. Along with a desire to live a pacifistic life came the desire to help others avoid the problems that had led him to encounter the violence that had led him to develop his system. Through the religion of Christianity, Soke Marx saw the best way of helping people lead lives that would avoid violence. Soke Marx is now an ordained minister and pastor of the Calvery Chapel christian church. The "do" prefix at the end of the system's title indicates "a way of", in this case directly refering to "the way of devoting ones self to christ". Along with training in self defense/combat techniques, there is also an emphasis on learning the christian ideals as a way of avoiding the need to get into a fight in the first place.

What makes Keichu Do unique?

The individual techniques of the system come from multiple pre-existing styles. What makes the system unique is the way in which the techniques are used, and how they are combined. The system was developed through time spent as a sailor, a bouncer, and a criminal. Through these experiences, Soke Marx came to believe that Americans on the street attacked differently then the ways in which the martial artists of the Asian countries attacked. Over time Soke Marx developed his own style of fighting that was designed to be used on the street where he was most often attacked.

Since he was most often fighting against armed or multiple assailants, his system developed using a minimum of movements that achieved the greatest amount of damage to his opponent. This was a bi product of the belief that when attacked, the only thing that would save you was the ability to hurt your opponent bad enough that they couldn't keep attacking you. Soke Marx believed from his experience that any thing less wasn't enough to survive when attacked on the street.

The first Keichu classes were devoted to teaching woman's self defense. In that enviroment, Keichu's techniques proved their effectivness in a structured format, allowing woman of small stature to defend themselves against larger and stronger attackers.

"Fight smarter, not harder", is an axiom of the system's attack philosophy. It is Soke Marx's belief that the longer you fight, the more chance there is for you to be injured. His system of 53 self defense katas show how to disable an attacker (by either knocking your opponent unconscious or breaking their limbs) who is attacking you using any of the commonly encountered types of attack. Each kata maintains 3 basic philosophies -

1. Be as efficient with your motion as possible.

2. Take away your opponent's ability to continue attacking you by signifigantly damaging their anatomy.

3. Utilize weaknesses in the design of the human anatomy to allow you to damage an opponent even if they are larger/stronger then you.

Sources
    Keichu.com
    Retrieved from Keichu Wikipedia

All things are possible through God
    K.V

Genius

Posted On:
    12/03/2005 1:31am

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KeichuVangaurd