Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/04/2013 2:38am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's a pretty short list :( oh well if I want a six pack I guess I have to

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2013 1:35pm

Style: grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Meat and vegetables is a short list? You want to think on that one a minute?

Thats like half of food.

Posted On:
    1/07/2013 10:14pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Would like to know the theoretical basis (if any) to the 7 habits then maybe the answer would be obvious (maybe it's in the book). If you slip up and eat grain base carbs in a non post work out meal during a day does that mean the whole day is a write off?

What's the rationale behind eating carbs after working out? I thought exercise used carbs heavily for energy which suggest to me that you should store some before doing exercise.

Posted On:
    1/07/2013 10:44pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I understand that eating carbs after the workout is so when the body is repairing itself it has the energy to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    1/08/2013 9:12am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This whole "eat every few hours" is difficult, especially when you have to eat a fruit or vegetable.
    The basic rule is to consume less calories than you need. The trick is to know how many you need on training days and on regular days, and of course to calculate your calorie intake....

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    1/08/2013 9:30am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    This whole "eat every few hours" is difficult, especially when you have to eat a fruit or vegetable.
    The basic rule is to consume less calories than you need. The trick is to know how many you need on training days and on regular days, and of course to calculate your calorie intake....
    So, have you done this ?

How did you find the balance ?

What were (are) your calorie intakes for those days mentioned ?
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    1/08/2013 11:34am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    Difficult how? I was basically doing that already. Eat when I get up, first coffee break, lunch, second coffee break, end of shift. That's 5 already. Then one after exercise or when you get home.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2013 1:12pm

Style: grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
    Would like to know the theoretical basis (if any) to the 7 habits then maybe the answer would be obvious (maybe it's in the book). If you slip up and eat grain base carbs in a non post work out meal during a day does that mean the whole day is a write off?
    So what about calories, or macronutrient ratios, or any number of other things that Iíve covered in other articles? The short answer is that if you arenít already practicing the above-mentioned habits, and by practicing them I mean putting them to use over 90% of the time (i.e., no more than 4 meals out of an average 42 meals per week violate any of those rules), everything else is pretty pointless.
    If you **** up, you don't just go eat a whole pizza. Stick to the plan and don't **** up next time.

The PWO carb thing is a bit over stated. Unless you're really concerned with absolute optimal muscle growth and recovery, you should be looking for an over all healthy diet and not worrying about whether your PWO meal is in the right time zone or if you should eat more carbs or not. A good breakfast and lots of meals throughout the day will work fine will do a lot more for you.

Here's an article from T-Nation about training myths. I'm not as knowledgeable as some of the others who used to post here, so take everything I say with grain whiskey.
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...utrition_myths

Posted On:
    1/08/2013 3:34pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So in relation to habit 2 I figured I'd look at some sources of complete plant protein. Since the only 2 combos I know are high carb (wheat and peanuts, rice and beans)

So I found this page http://revmodo.com/2012/07/31/8-plan...ns-for-vegans/
    That lists some complete plant proteins but they're all carbs rare or both

I kind of feel like I'm heading off into hippie vegan emaciated land here
    http://michaelbluejay.com/veg/protein.html

this guy claims that any veggies can provide all the protein you need. But even if he's right that just means enough protein to not starve to death.

is this even worth the effort or should i just keep eating animals all the time?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 7:18pm

Style: JUDO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, newbie here, Bash and bully all you want, its free.

I will try to understand this, its an awesome read, hell yeah it simplifies a lot of what I barely understand in the world of fitness and rocking life with your body.

My question is: What the good ol Doc means with "whole meals" I mean comparison related to amounts, I cant really tell what a whole meal would be, and since he said about the exceptions in pre-workout and post, i suppose the meals would be less than whole.

And relating habit number 5 and 7 kinds of make me get confused like a lot (I'm not english native speaker, and I'm sorta of not very good at it)

Thanks for reading.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast