Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2007 11:08am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Assistance with 'kixa'?

Hello,
    does anyone know anything or anyone heard anything about 'Kixa'?
    The website is www.kixa-international.com...
    Reason being I saw them perform a demo at a community women's day recently, promoting self-defence for women - they claimed to be able to withstand punches to the stomach, solar plexus, and face, using 'ancient' breathing techniques... Even 'strangulation' can be withstood, they stated.
    Fair enough, I thought, but the demo only really included sort of karate-type reverse punches to each other's (there were two of em, instructors apparently) abdomen, and a bit of repeated floor-pummelling. There was some shouting involved.
    I was a wee bit skeptical about this as I don't know if I'd personally like to rely on breathing techniques to withstand a right hook to the face - wondering if anyone might cast their knowledgeable eye over the website and maybe have a click around... see what they think.
    I'm a community worker and wouldn't wanna recommend it to battered women etc if its a bit bullshido-y.
    thanks
    DMS

Posted On:
    4/05/2007 11:20am

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2007 11:29am

Style: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why join any other style that includes yelling while getting hit when Yellow Bamboo has that down pat? That's like using "anti-grappling" concepts instead of just taking wrestling or BJJ.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2007 11:39am

Style: Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A Kixa club has opened up near me. apprently the teacher/sensei/sifu has trained in thailand and indonesia and in a local newspaper article he stated he had meditated to reached the "sixth level of enlightenment", hoping to reach the seventh through continued training. The poster they dropped through my door was also rather eye watering, with two men in orange shaolin costumes screaming. I might go down and see what they do one day, but its definate BS if you ask me.

Gold Summit Martial Arts Institute

Posted On:
    4/05/2007 11:41am

Style: Ba Zheng Dao Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2007 6:08pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There was an article in Marital Arts Illustrated last month about them, well not really an article, more a 3 page advert as MAI does not do journalism very well. Lots of stuff about wacking metal sheets and character development. They look like a cult.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2007 3:35am

Style: KARATE / MUAY THAI

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i hate these guys and they need an investigation.

good article here
    http://www.answers.com/topic/kateda

to get an idea of the standard...
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1284160878

from her myspace site...
    FITNESS/ SELF DEFENCE / PERSONAL TRAINING. I have been practicing Kixa Fitness and Self Defence for a continuous period of 6 years, I am also a fully qualified Instructor of Kixa to a high degree. Over a 6 year period I have traveled to the far east 19 times to learn, develop and improve my skills and abilities in this remarkable training, this has enabled me to become a better instructor with a very strong knowledge base.

bwahahahahahaha!

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    4/06/2007 3:56am

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oni
    from her myspace site...
    FITNESS/ SELF DEFENCE / PERSONAL TRAINING. I have been practicing Kixa Fitness and Self Defence for a continuous period of 6 years, I am also a fully qualified Instructor of Kixa to a high degree. Over a 6 year period I have traveled to the far east 19 times to learn, develop and improve my skills and abilities in this remarkable training, this has enabled me to become a better instructor with a very strong knowledge base.
    I feel sorry for someone who wasted six years learning crap like this. It's even worse that she was compelled to visit the Far East so many times, as if that would help.

Are there any Kixa schools in the U.S.? If there are any in Texas, I'd be interested in attending a session or two...

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    4/06/2007 5:16am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_ZoPSTsMow

wow some very effective stuff! ghehe

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2007 6:49am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have found a couple of interesting things on wikipedia - apparently this is a derivative of 'Kateda', which was exposed in the 1980's as a total and utter cultish fraud. Sexual harassment, money problems, the works.
    It might be fair to suggest at this stage that Kixa are money driven (given their webpage blather about funding) and total Bullshido. Anyone looking for training in West London, UK, would be wise to just give Kixa International a miss.
    The two people I saw demo were very devout (if you get my drift) but gave conflicting answers as to Kixa's origins. Bunch of outright jokers it seems, thanks for the posts
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast