Welterweight

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 1:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Kempo-Goju Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

kempo-goju

www.kempogoju.com, Let me state that i am a black belt in this system. It is very much a point karate/ continous karate style. The stand up fighting is resonably competent. grappling is limited to a few trips and sweeps, with NO ground fighting.
    I have'nt seen any fighters bio on sherdog.com, so im pretty sure they dont have any fighters in MMA,
    Tom Hall is listed in "ENCEYCELPIDIA OF MARTIAL ARTS" as being a #1 kickboxer at one time(forgot which orginization.)
    The system was founded by Charles Warren, who is currently a police chief in Palmyra, WI
    the official site is www.kempogojukarate.com

Welterweight

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 1:59pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    any body kempo-goju practioners out there? speak now or hold your peace. I know some of you have issues with me.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/13/2007 9:31am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just a little gossip I heard. Irwin Butler was promoted to 3rd Dan by Tewa, without Warren Sensei's approval, and from what I heard made a big stink:spanky:.
    I know Mr. Butler, and I think he is competent, more so than some of the clowns they got strutting around with a black belt dangling on their beer guts in some of the Kempo-goju schools.
    I think it might be some power struggle going on. any kempo-goju guys with some more in-depth knowlege of whats going down, spill it!
    For the record, Im a black belt under Sabir, so im not with either Dojo, but put me in team Butler's camp.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/13/2007 10:34am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: shorin ryu, bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't know any of those guys, but I do know Tom Hall. One tough customer, and a great guy.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/13/2007 12:07pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I trained with Tommy when I was 10years old at 60th and NORTH ave, at the now defunct FIGHTING ARTS ACADEMY that he ran with Ben Deleon.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/13/2007 1:00pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: shorin ryu, bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm a student of Neil Stolsmark's (for the last 13 years); Ben Deleon has (or at least had as of 2 years ago; I moved up north) a school in Walworth teaching TKD and ju (or jiu) jitsu.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/13/2007 1:19pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Deleon does in fact, teach judo and sport ju jitsu in Walworth, His club competes in a lot of our judo tournaments.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    9/13/2007 10:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by milwaukeecop2
    Just a little gossip I heard. Irwin Butler was promoted to 3rd Dan by Tewa, without Warren Sensei's approval, and from what I heard made a big stink:spanky:.
    I know Mr. Butler, and I think he is competent, more so than some of the clowns they got strutting around with a black belt dangling on their beer guts in some of the Kempo-goju schools.
    I think it might be some power struggle going on. any kempo-goju guys with some more in-depth knowlege of whats going down, spill it!
    For the record, Im a black belt under Sabir, so im not with either Dojo, but put me in team Butler's camp.
    Kempo has about as much politics as Wing Chun. I assume this school is no different. There will be falling outs, and those who fight will go one way with the rest bickering amongst themselves and splintering into a dozen sub-organizations of crap.

Try to stick with the fighters.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/14/2007 8:24pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    Kempo has about as much politics as Wing Chun. I assume this school is no different. There will be falling outs, and those who fight will go one way with the rest bickering amongst themselves and splintering into a dozen sub-organizations of crap.

Try to stick with the fighters.
    I'll second that, my old kenpo instructor would bitch like a little girl about all the weird kenpo power struggle gossip. It was really weird, really weird.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/23/2007 10:40am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    apparently some kempo-goju guys are offended by this post:protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: . I dont think i have been disrespectful in any way,shape or,form:sad: , and that's odd as none of them have posted on this board to voice any dissent.
    A former Dojo mate told me everyone is talking about Kempo-goju message board on Bullshido, and that it's disrespectful of Warren and the style.
    I dont think I have said anything slanderous or disrespectful.
Page 1 of 15 1 234511 ... LastLast