Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 12:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please don't say that about Billy. I don't want him to die.
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 12:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fightclubfreak7
    Not insulting BJJ by any means just so you know
    Hehe, I'm not defending BJJ by any means.

It's just I feel that there are a million and one threads all over the internet saying "I think this is better for this blah blah" without giving any reasoning. It gets boring after a while.

Woke up in the mortuary

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 1:00pm

Style: Judo, Sub wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think you can say you have a good top game unless you've gone up against good bottom games. Catch seems like boxing where you're not allowed to cover or slip.

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 1:11pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Excuse me, Billy is DYING!

Show some respect!

He trained the N00B and he will train me, even if it's an armwrestle on his deathbed
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 5:00pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How do you feel in compares to BJJ or Judo. At my club we do catch wrestling but when we compete or spar you can't loose by just being pinned only by tapping out, this is contrary to tradtional catch as catch can wrestling rules. Alot of people con't like catch wrestling because they thing catch wrestlers are not good at fighing on there back. IMO catch wrestlers probaably aren't as good as fighting on their backs but if trained right are a little bit better at fighing for the top the a BJJ practioner.
    I have done a little catch and BJJ and CSW (no Judo). I am not sure if I would say that catch is better then BJJ or Judo... but it is different. While some subs look similar there tends to be subtle differences (fingar/wrist twists etc...) making them more effective but completely illegal in BJJ.

As a wrester catch and freestyle I tend to pretty effective from the top due to my balance and positioning. This has given me an advantage as I am not as easliy bucked/swept and I can keep alot of presure on an opponent while moving around. Further I am not always looking for a sub when I apply a move. The concept of "inserting a Hook" and causing destruction is expremly effective. Meaning I will apply a hold that I know will not sub anyone but it will where them down.

Just my two cents.

Shovel

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 5:05pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh **** the lot of you

A man's dying and all you can do is compare technique
    What am I?:

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 6:45pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Having rolled against catchwrestlers, I've not been too impressed with their abilities. Some of them might be good. Too bad they don't seem to compete much.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 8:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BJJ has its strategies and strong points. It has weaknesses too.
    Wrestling has its strategies and strong points. It has weaknesses too.
    Catch has its strategies and strong points. It has weaknesses too.
    Judo has its strategies and strong points. It has weaknesses too.
    Sambo has its strategies and strong points. It has weaknesses too.

See a pattern here?

A good choice is to stick with one and master the game inherent to the style. Chances are you will dominate a lesser skilled opponent from another system.

A better choice is to get good at one and dabble in one or two more.

Best bet is to learn all you can, about as much as you can, in regards to grappling. As ultimately, there's a ton of crossover and it's all grappling.

For the overachiever, add standup and for the Wunderbar Maestro de Mah add weapons.

That is all.
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Hi, guys

Posted On:
    4/05/2007 4:35am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, catch is one of the few ones I've seen that has double the weakness. This is why I'm so impressed when some grappler who actually accomplishes something claim catch as his origins. Because he's obviously extremely talented to metaphorically build a house out of a piece of manure.
    More human than human is our motto.

Posted On:
    4/05/2007 9:21am

Style: Judo - Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i would highly recomend training here at WNC barbell if you live in western north carolina near Asheville.
    Asheville, huh? I'm just west across the mountains in Johnson City, TN. If I ever the get the chance I might stop by.
    "Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast