Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 11:53am

Style: MMA, BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Catch Wrestling

How do you feel in compares to BJJ or Judo. At my club we do catch wrestling but when we compete or spar you can't loose by just being pinned only by tapping out, this is contrary to tradtional catch as catch can wrestling rules. Alot of people con't like catch wrestling because they thing catch wrestlers are not good at fighing on there back. IMO catch wrestlers probaably aren't as good as fighting on their backs but if trained right are a little bit better at fighing for the top the a BJJ practioner.

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 12:08pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's true they don't use the guard, but then Billy Wicks had polio so Catch suited him just dandy
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 12:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow i can't believe you mentioned billy wicks thats my instrucotor, I train under Billy Wicks and Johnny Huskey an WNC barbell

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 12:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can you tell us what you think makes catch wrestlers better top guys? What exactly about their training methodology, fight philosophy etc. makes them better on top? Aren't they allowed to use guard, is the guard counted as a pin in catch?

Or is this another one of those pokemon threads? I think teh BBJ is teh rule wut about you guys lol!?

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 12:12pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I AM JEALOUS

PM me

Billy and I haven't had a chinwag in ages
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 12:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not insulting BJJ by any means just so you know infact i kinda consider my training catch wrestling/BJJ. I don't know if i can provide an answer as to exactly how cath wrestlers are better on top and im sure not all of them are, its jus the fact thast as far as i know Catch Wrestlers emphasize getting to the top and try to fight more aggresively for a top position such as side mount or top mount. And about guard when im grappling at my gym tons of people pull guard but its just not as favorable for us as a jujitsu man. LMAO Billy Wicks wheres a shirt "the Guard is for Girls" anyway i would highly recomend training here at WNC barbell if you live in western north carolina near Asheville.

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 12:19pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I live in Australia. I'll get to Billy's place if it kills me.
    What am I?:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 12:19pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Barnet is pretty decent off his back but i would say hes better from the top. I dont know to many catch as catch can wrestlers so i cant really give it a fare assesment. I guess you could call the nogi open mat at my gym catch wrestling but thats a slew of different techniques taken from bjj and freestyle and some catch moves as well. I quess it depends largely on the fighter himself to train off his back.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 12:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heres the link to our club http://www.catch.20m.com/. If you go to class pictures you can see alot of the members with Billy Wicks. Idk if youve heard of Johnny husky he is reallyt he main teacher there he was taught under Billy Wicks. Hes really getting fragile now so if you want to see him you better come soon unfortunately he might not be around for that much longer. But im so glad ive had the opportunity to train under him

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 12:28pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please don't say that about Billy. I don't want him to die.
    What am I?:

Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast