Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    8/19/2003 10:26pm

Style: Tai Chi & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know people give this organization flack for offering mail order certifications. Check this out though. I found it in their database.

Submission Fighting:
    Frank J. Shamrock, 7th Degree 8 times World Champion

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/19/2003 10:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's not the only one either. They have a bunch of big names on the roster. Richard Bustillo--JKD fame, is on there as well. And the USMA didn't just send some paper to these guys and add them shady style. Both of these guys have been regularly attending USMA events.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/20/2003 6:59am

supporting member
     Style: SECRET DEADLY

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HOLD I RIGHT THERE BUDDY, are you trying to say that a person who wins in NHB style fighting trained in a chain TMA. NO NO NO it can not be the case , they are lying.

I thought I would save the UFC is da bomb, and the only real test crowd some keystrokes.

insert wiseass smile here ---->

-----------------------
    To follow the SENSEI withthout question is like walking down the train tracks with eyes closed and earplugs....its gonna get you killed.
    ----------------------------------------
    After reading Jekyll's threads I bring back an old sig.......

Do you really train or just bore people on message boards and parties talking about it.

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    8/22/2003 10:32am

Style: Tai Chi & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not saying that at all. It just looks as though it's not just the phonies getting these black belts.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/22/2003 10:48am

supporting member
     Style: SECRET DEADLY

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know , this was the other half of my post,

I thought I would save the UFC is da bomb, and the only real test crowd some keystrokes.

insert wiseass smile here ---->

-----------------------
    To follow the SENSEI withthout question is like walking down the train tracks with eyes closed and earplugs....its gonna get you killed.
    ----------------------------------------
    After reading Jekyll's threads I bring back an old sig.......

Do you really train or just bore people on message boards and parties talking about it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2003 9:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Having been a member of the USMA via the school I was with at the time, I know that there are two different class of black belts in the organization as recognized by Phil Porter. I heard him acknowledge the fact that plenty of "questionable" black belts had been certified, but only a very few have actually tested in person at a USMA event. Unfortunately, there is no difference in recognition between the two. However, I do know that the tested black belts don't take the "questionable" people on the list seriously at all.

Of course the obvious is the money, which is why there is an open door policy for new black belts in the organization. The hardest question asked is what rank black belt would you like. Sad.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/26/2007 6:02pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing, KB, CMA, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by closeqrtercombat
    Having been a member of the USMA via the school I was with at the time, I know that there are two different class of black belts in the organization as recognized by Phil Porter. I heard him acknowledge the fact that plenty of "questionable" black belts had been certified, but only a very few have actually tested in person at a USMA event. Unfortunately, there is no difference in recognition between the two. However, I do know that the tested black belts don't take the "questionable" people on the list seriously at all.

Of course the obvious is the money, which is why there is an open door policy for new black belts in the organization. The hardest question asked is what rank black belt would you like. Sad.
    Isn't a black belt a..."black belt"? I have been involve in MA for nearly 30 years and started when I was a kid, so I don't know what a BB means to the general public. However, I have meant a lot of BB's that tell me things that I believe were intended to impress me. Unfortunately, it just creates a very awkward situation for me, because I grow-up with "talk is cheap, lets see what you can do."

To me a BB is as important as a person makes it out to be.

Banished to Fort Worth

Posted On:
    9/26/2007 6:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, this is a four year-old thread. That might be some kind of record.

Resurrecting threads this old is generally considered bad form.

Have you already posted an introductory thread in Newbietown and/or submitted a review for your school? That would be very helpful and allow the other forum members to become better aquainted with you. YMMV.
    Last edited by sdave; 9/26/2007 7:00pm at .
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    That is exactly what I meant sdave. You are dead on, as usual.

poser

Posted On:
    9/26/2007 7:59pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just wonder how the hell people find old threads like this.

Google?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/26/2007 8:19pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing, KB, CMA, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sdave
    Dude, this is a four year-old thread. That might be some kind of record.

Resurrecting threads this old is generally considered bad form.

Have you already posted an introductory thread in Newbietown and/or submitted a review for your school? That would be very helpful and allow the other forum members to become better aquainted with you. YMMV.
    I read about that but I ignored it. I guess that is considered bad form as well. I'm still feeling my way around the website and well possibly post on the newbies soon. I'm still learning about how to be political excepted, I might be lacking the desire.

Thanks for the friendly reminder. I won't intentional break the rule next time.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast