• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    4/05/2007 3:14pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yo JP, I wanna see some video of your fight! Sorry to hear about the decision (Im a stalker and looked it up on the website the day after) but at least it went the distance.

Ok, back on topic, so hes just an idiot? Gets a tattoo not realizing that everyone will think hes a Nazi because they think of it differently there?

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    4/05/2007 3:24pm

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Manji is the Japanese name for a Buddhist and Hindu symbol, 卍, (Chinese: Wn), usually representative of admirable qualities such as peace or intelligence or strength, depending on clockwise or counter-clockwise direction of the arms. As a result of World War II and Nazism, this hooked cross (Hakenkreuz) [b]is usually perceived as the Nazi "hooked cross" swastika, which is usually differentiated from the Manji by a 45 degree rotation and hooked arms facing clockwise.
    His looks like it fits this description, not the Buddhist one.
    Last edited by debul937; 4/05/2007 3:28pm at .

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    4/05/2007 4:15pm

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To be fair, judging by the huge oni mask, somewhat obscured by his belt, that GG has tattooed square on his chest, I'm willing to bet the whole tattoo set is a very buddhist/asian motiff sort of thing.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/05/2007 4:21pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    Yeah....if some guy fucked up my eye in a professional fight, ON PURPOSE, then yeah...he'd be having a meeting with myself and an insane optometrist in a dark alley somewhere.
    Why an insane optomestrist. All you need is a burly friend, a rusty spoon, crazy glue, a lighter, and... oh wait...
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/05/2007 4:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    El,

You forgot the pony and salad shooter.

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    4/05/2007 5:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick
    To be fair, judging by the huge oni mask, somewhat obscured by his belt, that GG has tattooed square on his chest, I'm willing to bet the whole tattoo set is a very buddhist/asian motiff sort of thing.
    This thought occured to me as well. Maybe it was just some dickish tattoo artist who thought it'd be funny to put the wrong one in his design.

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    4/05/2007 5:19pm

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or simply an ignorant tattoo artist, somewhere between the original design, maybe some copy or stenciling or something, the image may have been mirrored and the artist just didn't know any better, but then I would presme that GG does if that's what he was getting inked on him...... but then some people can be really stupid about their tattoos...

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    4/05/2007 5:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I knew some of those stupid people. When I was in the Marines, a guy I knew got a bulldog with USMC underneath it on his arm the same day we left for a new duty station. When we got to the new base and he took the bandage off, the USMC was backwards. Boy was he pissed.

Artemis BJJ Co-Founder/Instructor

Posted On:
    4/05/2007 5:40pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Artemis BJJ | Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Bristol Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That salute had nothing to do with the Nazis - I just watched his entrance to all three of his UFC 1 fights, and only the first fight against Teila Tuli had anything that could be misconstrued as a Nazi salute. As you can see below, even that would be a serious stretch of the imagination. In his other two fights, against Kevin Rosier and Royce, he only does the closed fist thing.

So, unless he did something different against Yuki Nakai, like raise his hand right up in the air, I don't see a connection. Also, would appear the Yakuza-style tattoos came later, as he's significantly less tattooed in UFC 1.

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    4/05/2007 6:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow. In my memory that was a lot more like the Nazi salute. Thanks for posting that. I never thought he was a Nazi, by the way, just giving my thoughts on why he might be perceived that way.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast