Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    4/02/2007 2:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Can't eat more than one big meal a day

I weigh 70kg and most of that is upper body. With my shitty back and legs I'm 179cm, maybe 182 if straightened up.

I can eat lunch, but can only manage tea for breakfast and eat no dinner. I walk and walk and walk and do pushups and genuflections and dynamic resistance etc but I just can't eat nor put on weight.
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Posted On:
    4/02/2007 3:27pm

Style: JJ of the B variety

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not sure what your point is, but I only eat one big meal a day also. Made possible by snacking all day long on health foods of different sorts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2007 3:28pm

Style: 유도 (Judo)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had a friend who was a textbook endomorph. He didn't eat too much and he didn't understand why he wasn't getting bigger using a bowflex.

Eventually my friend started eating fast food and take out intermixed with protein shakes. Then he started hitting free weights. He started packing on some mass but then he started track and then he did cross country and last time I saw him, he was pretty skinny.

Bottom line, to get big you gotta eat big and lift big. Figure out out your basal metabolic rate, eat more than that and take in at least 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight.

Posted On:
    4/02/2007 3:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You might want to try protein shakes as a meal replacement. Don't overuse them though, just drink one on the days you lift. Too much protein is bad for your kidneys.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/02/2007 4:48pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Without heavy lifting with leg compound exercises such as squats, deadlifts or leg presses, I'd dare to say it's near impossible to gain a substantial amount of lean mass, which is what we want we we put on weight. And this is not taking nutrition into consideration.

There is truth behind the old saying of "squats and milk".
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    4/02/2007 6:04pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And steroids. Lots and lots of steroids.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Keeping you safe from Mongolians

Posted On:
    4/02/2007 6:10pm

Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    Without heavy lifting with leg compound exercises such as squats, deadlifts or leg presses, I'd dare to say it's near impossible to gain a substantial amount of lean mass, which is what we want we we put on weight. And this is not taking nutrition into consideration.

There is truth behind the old saying of "squats and milk".
    So are you saying that squats are neccessary to build upper body mass? If so...how does that work?

Posted On:
    4/02/2007 6:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your leg muscles are the largest muscle groups in your body. When you "rip" those (which is what you are essentially doing when you work a muscle group), the repairing process prompts your body to produce more testosterone. The more muscle tissue that needs to be repaired, the more testosterone that gets produced.

While it isn;t necessery to work your lower body to build your upper body, it will help keep your testosterone levels higher than if you didn't. (Besides looking like a gorilla with a large upper body and tiny legs is uncool)

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    4/02/2007 6:26pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I remember right, Angry Spastic has some problems with his legs, mostly that they dont work, he cant walk. Am I right? So I dont think Squats or Deads will help much.

Posted On:
    4/02/2007 6:36pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know if Post #8 is the best answer....
    When lifting you create micro-tears in your muscles, these heal and you grow.

Quote Originally Posted by seanyseanybean
    So are you saying that squats are neccessary to build upper body mass? If so...how does that work?
    Squats are necessary to maximise upper body growth. You will still see gain upper body if you do not work your lower body, but eventually gains will slow. Working your whole body will maximise these gains.
    Your body grows as a whole.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast