Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/19/2007 10:57am

Style: Battojutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In regard's to Mr Lothar Lee, at least no one can say that we condemned the man and made no efforts to verify his claims.

Still, people shouldn't have to jump through hoops to check if someone's legit. As to why my Lothar Lee wasn't made to provide his sensei's details and ALL his dan certificates straight up, and why he was allowed to teach before this had occurred - I am at a loss.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/20/2007 12:09am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Goju, Ex Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lothar has not provided any other Dan certificates to my knowledge but I recently sent an email inviting him to this thread so he might explain himself personally, doubt it though.

Kohia & I will be getting together & documenting everything as requested by the higher powers.

I have made the suggestion to SKIA about some media coverage today & Iím waiting for their reply. They might want to wait for after a legal conviction is recorded first though.

I think it is a good thing this thread was initially treaded with some skepticism. To anyone reading this they can see everything has been thoroughly investigated & itís not just someone slagging of someone else they donít like.

I think with hindsight SKIA would have defiantly done things differently but none of us have that luxury. They are decent, honest, trustworthy bunch of people who would have initially taken him on face value, he is very convincing. In future though if anyone they donít know personally wants to register as an instructor they will have to demonstrate their skills on the dojo floor first, maybe in a confirmation grading. If Lothar did this he would have been laughed out of town.

Finding this Peter Schroeder is a key point now. If Lothars certificates can be absolutely identified as counterfeits it will help with the case no end.

Posted On:
    4/20/2007 2:34am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the info and advice bloodmagus and sochin. the idea of compiling a record of lothar's collective rubbish makes a lot of sense! it' interesting that in the current situation there seems to be so little one can do to stop such a person!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/21/2007 6:54pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello everyone

It looks like we are finally getting some positive progress now so I am going to have to limit the information I put on here until everything is in place, canít be giving Lothar the heads up.
    One thing I can say is Lothar has been completely kicked out of SKI/SKIA now which is good news.

Stay tuned, this mess should all come to a satisfactory conclusion in the not so distant future.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/22/2007 1:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just a side note on the counterfeit certificates. While it has been established that the certificates were fakes, it doesn't necessarily mean that Mr Lothar Lee was the one who had them counterfeit. It is possible that he recieved them his 'sensei' Peter Schroeder and was led to believe they were the real thing (especially if he supposedly recieved them in the 80's).

Its unlikely in this case, but it can happen. However, at the end of the day, the ultimate reference of skill isn't anything on paper, but the person who taught you those skills.
    Hence, we need Peter Schroeder to come forward.

I'm still looking forward to seeing this on A Current Affair or Today Tonight. :D

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    4/22/2007 5:21am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No reply to my email to Hamburg, but it looks like things have progressed to the point that it is pretty much immaterial whether Schroeder actually graded him or not.

Sweet.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/03/2007 3:33am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Folks

Just a thought, has anyone had dealings with a Lothar Wolfgang from Bondi in Sydney?
    This is Lothar Lee's real name & he claims to of run a dojo in Bondi. He seems very adapt at his scam so I would say he has had previous practice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/03/2007 8:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can ask around about the bondi dojo, but I'll need some more details. Any time frame on when he was running it?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/08/2007 4:05am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodMagus
    I can ask around about the bondi dojo, but I'll need some more details. Any time frame on when he was running it?
    It would of been over 2 years ago, that was about when he turned up in Townsville. He boasted about running a dojo in Bondi to pretty much anyone who would listnen but it would not of been under SKIA. He also claims to of owned a granite / tiling business that went broke if that helps.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2007 9:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Without specific names of the dojo's & companies, its really just shooting in the dark.
    I assume he was running a shotokan dojo, albeit one not SKIA sanctioned?
    Or was it a some kmart krotty school? Anyone can run a GKR school these days.

I will take a guess, and say he could have been running the Karate Union of Australia, which is listed in Bondi. Interestingly, they seem to be based on shotokan, but not affliated with SKIA. Their address is www.kua.com.au - prehaps another lead to follow up Sochin?
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast