Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 6:44am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumite Junky
    I'll see if I can get a hold of one of his flyers & scan it for you Sochin, how would you like me to send it to you?. We most certainly do have Health & Safety laws here which he is in breach of. To make matters worse the place he is operating out of is a council building, thatís the Railway Estate Address mentioned earlier.
    Thanks mate... you can email them to me on sochin101 @ hotmail.co.uk (without the spaces!). Or put them up on photobucket and post a link here... whichever's easiest.

Have you reported him to the relevent health and safety org or council officials?
    If not, and you don't want to get involved first hand (cos you know the guy), mail me some contact information for them if you can dig it up, and I'll shoot them an email.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 7:49am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Goju, Ex Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will see if I can get a hold of one & send it to you tomorrow Sochin.
    I have not reported him to the council as yet but feel free to do so. This should give you the link to council web site regarding 23 First Street, Railway Estate.
    www.townsville.qld.gov.au/commdevt/centres.asp

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 8:32am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will see if I can get a hold of one & send it to you tomorrow Sochin.
    I have not reported him to the council as yet but feel free to do so. This should give you the link to council web site regarding 23 First Street, Railway Estate.
    www.townsville.qld.gov.au/commdevt/centres.asp
    Thanks, I'll look at it and contact the authorities.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/08/2007 7:04pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is an update on what is going on with Mr Lothar Lee.

I found some advertising in a local corner store recently. I had been to this particular store, & a few others, after the meeting on 10th march to remove all of his advertising material so this has been placed in the store very recently.

Firstly he is still displaying the SKI logo which I know he has been clearly told not to in writing so there is a breach of patent. I have sent a scanned copy to SKIA so they are aware of what is going on. But what is of serious concern to me is he's specifically targeting children. Here in Australia anyone who works with children MUST have a "Blue Card" which Lothar did not have at the time of his deregistration & I do not think he has one now. Here is some info on Blue Cards for anyone interested. www.ccypcg.qld.gov.au/employment/index.html
    So not only is he operating an uninsured dojo he is also working with children illegally.

As a parent I can not sit idly by & let this unfit person interact with children. I have probably just given my identity away to anyone who is directly involved with this but someone has to make a stand. I think part of the problem with Lothar could be he might actual believe the lies he's telling. I suspect he might not be a well man mentally, a few cards short of a full pack if you know what I mean. With that in mind it sends chills up my spine with the thought of him being involved with kids. I will find out for sure weather he has a blue card or not, (I doubt it) if not I will conduct a drive by of the dojo on Wednesday to ascertain weather he is operating. If he is I will be immediately contacting the police to put a stop to this.

Stay tuned

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    4/09/2007 3:43am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm still awaiting a reply to my email from P Harth.
    I've put his lack of reply down to the easter weekend rather than lack of interest.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2007 12:31am

Style: Battojutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Short of trying to find some old copies of Blitz (local MA mag), I don't recall this ever getting much media attention.

Besides doing the bare minimum of informing current students of the situation, I can't help but feel the whole thing was 'swept under the mat'. Its odd there's no account of the fraud somewhere out there on the big 'ole intarwub.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    4/11/2007 2:54am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sent another email to Mr Harth as there's been no answer thus far, also mailed the other two addresses that the OP listed for SKI admins.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/11/2007 7:39am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think this is still early on in its evolution so it hasn't made it quite that far just yet. I suspect SKIA would be looking at what their legal options are before it hits the media. Unfortunately it is not illegal to start a martial arts school with no previous qualifications here in Australia so the only law he is breaking is using the SKI name & logo without permission. I'm no law expert though so I could be completely wrong.
    I received an email form Peter Harth today replying to my previous one saying "Hi, I will forward to our national president. It is good news to hear the dojo is going well and you are enjoying training.
    Thanks Pete".

So everything has been passed onto Lex McKinley, lmckinley@bigpond.com.au, who would probably best the best person to contact now.

Today I found a poster (how do I attach it?) in a shops window still displaying the SKI name & logo also directly targeting children again. I checked to see if he has a blue card, which he does & I also checked to see if he was actually teaching. I went past the old Railway Estate dojo tonight & Lothar was there teaching a few kids proudly displaying the SKI flag on the wall. My concern is what is his motive for teaching children only? I don't think he is a well man mentally so I shudder to think what he might really be up to.
    Last edited by Kumite Junky; 4/13/2007 8:19pm at .

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    4/11/2007 8:12am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I checked to see if he has a blue card, which he does
    So he does have a blue card... can you also check if he's insured through the municipal building's insurance, or is he insured separately, or not at all?

went past the old Railway Estate dojo tonight & Lothar was there teaching a few kids proudly displaying the SKI flag on the wall. My concern is what is his motive for teaching children only? I don't think he is a well man mentally so I shudder to think what he might really be up to.
    I'm concerned about his claiming a possibly fraudulent godan rank and misrepresenting himself as SKI (as yet, unconfirmed)... What exactly are you concerned about.
    You're hinting heavily that his interest in children goes beyond the normal kids = $$££$$ MA equation.
    That's some pretty serious hinted allegations... evidence, experience, or gut feeling?
    You can email me if you don't want to post it on here...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/11/2007 3:35pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As far as I know Lothar is still not insured but I will be cheching with the council today.

I do not think Lothar is in it for the money as he is only charging $50 a month for training then he has to pay out for use of the hall. Also who in their right mind tries to con a large group of martial arts experts then still contines on even after being caught out, possibly dangerous me thinks? So my concern is why is he doing it? If it's not for money then why?
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast