Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    9/29/2007 4:13am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool the vid is up now :)

Didnt realise there were THIS many people following the story!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2007 5:54am

Style: Battojutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not bad for what was originally thought to be a troll job. Even the guys I'm training with were talking about it now.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    9/29/2007 6:38am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodMagus
    Not bad for what was originally thought to be a troll job. Even the guys I'm training with were talking about it now.
    Good, the more people talking about Lee, the less chance he has of starting up again in another town.

As for the troll-job... sometimes threads are started and there seems to be an agenda.
    In this case, KJ was so passionate about the issue (being personally involved), he hit it running and it came off a little trollish. I've exchanged a good few emails with KJ, and he's pretty reasonable - for an Aussie :toothy10:.

As soon as the evidence supported KJ's assertions (if not entirely proving them beyond all doubt, but that's another discussion, and I'm convinced), the mods moved this back and cleaned it up.

Posted On:
    9/29/2007 4:50pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sochin, would you like to write the com article for us?

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    9/29/2007 5:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sure thing, Samuel B.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/30/2007 6:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Goju, Ex Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After Lothar was exposed on national TV he aproached the local news paper to "defend his Credentials" so they did a half page artical in the Saturday paper on page 3. They also checked into him through the SKIA, JKA & AKF who all shot him down in flames.

Enjoy

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au...70_hpnews.html

Posted On:
    9/30/2007 7:13pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Text is as follows:

"DANIEL BATEMAN

29Sep07

A TOWNSVILLE karate instructor has defended his credentials after being asked to prove he is qualified to teach martial arts.

Lothar Lee, who operates the Shotokan Karate International Federation North Queensland dojo, is being investigated by Townsville City Council and the sport's governing bodies.

Mr Lee teaches martial arts in the Railway Estate Community Centre, which is owned by the council.

It is unknown how long Mr Lee has been teaching karate in Townsville.

"The council has asked Mr Lee to provide evidence he has appropriate accreditation before he can continue to operate at the centre," a council spokesman said.

"We have also asked him to remove any misleading advertising."

Two martial arts associations Mr Lee claims he has membership with, Shotokan Karate International and the Japanese Karate Association (JKA), have both said Mr Lee was not a current member.

But Mr Lee said he is a member, and all of his certification is in Japanese.

The certificate he provided to the Townsville Bulletin was out of date.

``I have practised karate for 43 years," he said.

"I'm a professional karate teacher from Tokyo.

"I was graded in Tokyo and trained in Tokyo."

Mr Lee provided the Townsville Bulletin with a large amount of paperwork.

These included several photographs of him attending international martial arts tournaments.

The national organisation responsible for accrediting karate instructors, the Australian Karate Federation (AFK) said it did not recognise Mr Lee as an instructor.

AKF national coaching director Pam Smith, who was responsible for coach education and accreditation, confirmed Mr Lee was not accredited with her federation.

"He's not at this stage," Ms Smith said.

She revealed only in the past two weeks Mr Lee had enrolled in a three-month instructors' course.

SKIA secretary Tim Stephenson confirmed Mr Lee was not a current member of the association.

"There is no way Mr Lee was ever a member of SKIA, let alone was he entitled to say that he was an instructor for SKIA," he said.

Mr Stephenson said Mr Lee was also not a member of SKIA's parent organisation, the Shotokan Karate International Federation (SKIF).

The association has repeatedly asked Mr Lee to cease using its name and logos, as they are registered trademarks.

The JKA also said Mr Lee was no longer a member.

"I've gone to our headquarters and we've got no record of him," said JKA president John Russo.

Mr Russo said he had been a member of JKA many years ago but was no longer.

Mr Lee received a National Sport Award from Townsville Mayor Tony Mooney for his achievements in karate, following a visit to Tokyo in 2006 to participate in the 9th annual SKIF world championships.

The only certificate Mr Lee provided as evidence of his teaching qualifications was a printed certificate from SKIA, which was out of date.

Mr Lee's solicitor Byron Leong said last night his client wanted the opportunity to present `his side of the story' but neither Mr Leong nor Mr Lee contacted the Bulletin with further information before going to press last night."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2007 5:44am

Style: Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting. So he is actually being represented by Byron Leong, so the Mc Donald Leong post would seem to have a kernel of truth (namely the names were the same), though it is clearly not from the solicitor or his office. I am curious to note that he was once a member of a couple of the organizations in question, which makes me ponder a few points:

Namely, did he lose his accreditation due to failure to continue dues? Or was it because of investigations and discontinuity in instructorship certifications? They use the phrase "not current" or "out of date" to describe these certificates, so I am of the mind that they were issued and then he fell out of payment and upkeep. I am hoping this wasn't some kind of "disavowment" circuit where one organization discounts him and the rest drop him like a hot potato simply to keep bad press from their doorstep, as that could look really bad if the solicitor finds evidence to support it. Regardless, good work and I'm glad it all got cleaned up and panned out. I will look forward to reading the .com write-up.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    10/01/2007 9:50am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would suggest that Lee was once a member of these organisations whilst a kyu grade, the absence of his supposed yudansha menjo is a clear indicator in this matter. The JKA has a comprehensive database of its dan grades and, given Lee's age I can't imagine that he'd legitimately received his grades in some way which weren't registered with the organisation(s).

My yudansha menjo are all in Japanese however, that doesn't preclude me from being able to present them when requested, the burden of translation rests with those doing the requesting; knowing the validity of those documents I haven't an issue but, someone either operating without them or, claiming theirs are in Nihongo as an excuse for not producing them anyway just tells me there's substance to the suggesting that Lee isn't credible.

Providing photographs and other such nonsense just doesn't cut it, and given that Lee has done this very thing just reinforces the viewpoint of his illegitimacy.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213 LastLast