Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/01/2007 12:03pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: wing chun/ BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously, i just started BJJ last week so I suck. But yeah, most people are put off by the gay innuendo surrounding BJJ. I'm 16 for what it is

Posted On:
    4/01/2007 5:03pm

Style: Lethargy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im 16 and if there was BJJ anywhere near me i'd be there. I could care less about any gay connotations that come with it.

Posted On:
    4/03/2007 12:19pm

Style: FMA, Jujutsu/Judo/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also doing wrestling might not be a bad idea. It'll complement your BJJ nicely.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/08/2007 9:44pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No wrestling team where I am. However, I got my start on a high school Judo team, and I do BJJ and MMA when I can. 17 here.

poser

Posted On:
    4/08/2007 9:52pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    16 and would like to try out BJJ, but I don't have much time, what with TKD and school and a job and all.

High school Judo? Where do you live?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/09/2007 5:29pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I was in a high school Judo program I was going to boarding school in Harlingen Texas at a school called the Marine Military Academy.

I am not positive whether or not the program is still offered as the sensei was very old, and I have heard from one of my former team mates that he is having heart problems.

http://www.mma-tx.org/judo.htm

the website is rarely updated, the coach listed on the website was not there when I was. He left in '02, I believe.

Posted On:
    4/10/2007 9:18am

Style: BJJ,MT,RBSD (on hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A major part of it might be that BJJ can be very expensive while wrestling is much cheaper and since most high schools have a team, teens get their grapple on that way.

If you're young though, you probably want to train in something much flashier like TKD. Chics dig the jump kinks, back flips, and nunchucks and, as I'm sure you figured out already, at your age it's all about getting laid :new_smile

Awesomeweight

Posted On:
    4/10/2007 9:32am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abusivemelon
    Im 16 and if there was BJJ anywhere near me i'd be there. I could care less about any gay connotations that come with it.

Plenty of Judo clubs up your way, not sure of there quality but it would be better than Krotty (lol)

I hear alot of private schools over here these days have optional Judo bothing before/during and after school, even some Junior Public Schools, but really we need it to infiltrate the Comprehensives as an actual sporting activity that is part of the PE curriculum.

American kids- Join.the.wrestling.team.you.idiots I dont know how it works over there, but I am guessing it is close to free? And an excellent grounding for when your abit older to start BJJ/MMA if your not doing either already for whatever reason.

Posted On:
    4/16/2007 12:12pm

Style: Lethargy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Sauce
    Plenty of Judo clubs up your way, not sure of there quality but it would be better than Krotty (lol)

I hear alot of private schools over here these days have optional Judo bothing before/during and after school, even some Junior Public Schools, but really we need it to infiltrate the Comprehensives as an actual sporting activity that is part of the PE curriculum.

American kids- Join.the.wrestling.team.you.idiots I dont know how it works over there, but I am guessing it is close to free? And an excellent grounding for when your abit older to start BJJ/MMA if your not doing either already for whatever reason.
    Apologies for the late response. Found a decent Judo club near me. After doing so found that a Judo club was being set up at my school, talk about convienience. So yeah lol krotty etc mesa gunna do Yudo schoon.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/16/2007 6:04pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You teens are lucky. You'll be black belts by your mid-twenties. I wish I would have started that young. Don't worry about what high schools kids say, either. You'll never see any of them after you graduate.

I also agree with the folks who said "take wrestling while in high school." Mine didn't offer it, but I wish me did. Wrestlers-turned-BJJers pwn me.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast