Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2007 9:24pm

Style: wing chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how did you manage to get your hands around the grip of a glock 21? kind of like holding a 2x4 or worse. and the glock 36 from what i hear has really bad recoil. not that i hate glocks or anything. just havent been impressed with thier efforts to produce a .45 acp model.

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    4/14/2007 10:22pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by robin2chris
    how did you manage to get your hands around the grip of a glock 21? kind of like holding a 2x4 or worse. and the glock 36 from what i hear has really bad recoil. not that i hate glocks or anything. just havent been impressed with thier efforts to produce a .45 acp model.
    I didn't have a problem. I'm not a big guy, but I do have somewhat freakish long arms and fingers for my size
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    4/15/2007 9:12am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by robin2chris
    Do you have small, chunner's hands? I LIKE the 21 because it's got a slightly bigger grip.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2007 12:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    from what i read on the glock website the reason behind the creation of that abonimation called the .45 gap was because so many people complained about the large grip of the glock 21.

there are numerous other hi-cap pistols on the market chambered in .45 acp that i have no issue with grip diameter. like the springfield xd or hk usp.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2007 10:47pm

Style: BJJ, MACP (hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My brother-in-law has one of the Glock compact .45's (G26?). Compared to my full-sized 1911, the recoil is a bit choppier, but just a bit. I just don't like the short grip. .45 out of a 1911 is entirely manageable. I'd think it'd be just as good through a full-sized Glock (or USP or XD or whatever you're shooting).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/16/2007 7:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    have never tried the compact glock models in .45 acp. the 1911 in .45 acp has never given me any problems though. if the compact or full size glocks have the recoil of the springfield xd in .45 acp that seems like a big difference betweem those and the 1911?

Lightweight

Posted On:
    4/25/2007 7:46pm

supporting member
     Style: .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've shot the Glock 30 and 36 - the perceived recoil on the 36 is higher. It feels lousy to me, almost like a scaled-up version of the recoil on my blowback operated .32.

I have a SA XD-45 compact and have shot the full size, a Ruger P345 and the S&W M&P in .45 - the recoil is no worse than a full-sized steel frame 1911 IMO and easier to handle than a small steel frame like the Kimber Ultra Carry or S&W CS45.

The nice thing about the recoil on a .45 is that it's heavy but it's relatively slow and straight back into your hand. Recoil on a .40 is less heavy but faster, snappy and tosses the muzzle more. It's a trade-off for target recovery, depends on what you're most comfortable with.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2007 12:35pm

Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've owned and shot a good number of .40 and .45 pistols, so here are my two cents:

A .40 and a .45 ACP, both using full power loads, will have about the same felt recoil. The .45 will feel more like a heavy, blunt, push, where the .40 will feel more like a sharper kick.

Polymer frames can do wonders when it comes to soaking up recoil. I can honestly say, that to me, the Glock 21 (full size .45) is the softest-shooting .45 ACP pistol out there, and that it works with almost any kind of ammo (except for semiwadcutters).

For those of you who find the Glock 21 too thick, you may want to take a look-see at their latest offering, the Glock 21 SF, which has a grip that's a bit thinner than the standard Glock 21 grip. Still a 13 round magazine capacity.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    4/27/2007 1:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like my 30, but it's absolutely a brick. Been thinking of finding a full-size 1911 to trade on.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    4/27/2007 2:03pm

supporting member
     Style: .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    I like my 30, but it's absolutely a brick. Been thinking of finding a full-size 1911 to trade on.
    I described Glocks that way just the other day - like holding on to a brick. I also don't care for relying on just the Safeaction trigger for CCW. That's why I got the XD, the grip safety/Safeaction trigger is more secure IMO. Though honestly I'm looking at picking up a subcompact like a Taurus PT145/745 or a Bersa Thunder .45 Ultra Compact so I have something smaller for the summer.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast