Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 11:56am

Style: BJJ, MACP (hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    El Macho has teh c0rrect on the joint issue.

More importantly, he is also teh c0rrect with that MILO avatar. Shannon Hartnett, El Macho?

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 12:18pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haha!!! You have a good eye sir. That's Shannon Hartnett. Amazing picture perfect shot of an athlete in action, no? I think I've found my avatar for life now :)
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 2:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.omegaalpha.ca/product/41/...oint&trade%3B/

I've been choking down this stuff for the last week. It tastes fucking horrible, so it better work damnit.

edit: ****, i'm glad i read that page. it doesn't say anywhere on the bottle to refrigerate this stuff after opening! Damnit! I hope it's still good. it's been sitting out since monday morning. I took some this morning and it tasted just as fucking horrible as it did yesterday, so i can only assume it's still good.
    Last edited by Neildo; 4/04/2007 2:57pm at .

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 3:52pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, that **** contains bovine trachea.... yummmmmm. It does not have armadillo or skunk oil, though :(

Anyways, Neildo, dude, if something contains bovine trachea, and if it tastes just fucking horrible, I think that's an indication to refrigerate that ****.

Oh, if you collapse to the floor in convulsions and with foam coming out of your nose for drinking unrefrigerated bovine trachea, please make sure to film it and put it on youtube.

-- EDIT --

Where/how do you buy it? I wanna get me one.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 4:10pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a pharmacy near me that supplies all kinds of natural product. This stuff is about $24 bucks a bottle. Also, it tasted horrible from the get-go, so i think it's just nasty stuff.

I attribute the nasty taste to the primary ingredient; Shellfish exoskeletons.

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 4:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's the bovine trachea, I'm telling ya! :biblethum

****, I can't seem to find a retailer in South Florida, so I may have to buy it online from http://www.glucosajoint.com/ or from http://www.healthboosters.com/ if I can't find it in my favorite nutrition store. ****!

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 4:43pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, since monday i feel a newfound strength in my horribly abused knees, but i'm gonna take it for another month before i form an opinion on whether or not it works. I'm kinda pissed that nowhere on the bottle does it say to refrigerate after opening. it really should say that somewhere, considering it's bought OTC and just off the shelf. it's not in the cooler or something.

Why would bovine trachea taste so foul? it's just some throat tissue. it should taste like an uncooked hambuger at leas....oh wait. ew.
    Last edited by Neildo; 4/04/2007 4:47pm at .

Posted On:
    4/05/2007 11:24am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    Well, since monday i feel a newfound strength in my horribly abused knees, but i'm gonna take it for another month before i form an opinion on whether or not it works. I'm kinda pissed that nowhere on the bottle does it say to refrigerate after opening. it really should say that somewhere, considering it's bought OTC and just off the shelf. it's not in the cooler or something.

Why would bovine trachea taste so foul? it's just some throat tissue. it should taste like an uncooked hambuger at leas....oh wait. ew.
    Bingo! :evil6: Imagine uncooked hamburger liquified in a blender and mixed with water and something like flaxseed oil... yumm! yumm!

Good to hear your knees are feeling better. I'm taking glucosamine and chordrointin made from a local manufacturer. It does its job but I need something stronger. I had to wrap my right knee yesterday night for squatting, and my shoulders are in pain. If there is something out there that can help my joints, I gotta have it.

Posted On:
    4/05/2007 12:04pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    Bingo! :evil6: Imagine uncooked hamburger liquified in a blender and mixed with water and something like flaxseed oil... yumm! yumm!.
    You forgot the shellfish exoskeletons.

Quote Originally Posted by El Macho
    If there is something out there that can help my joints, I gotta have it.
    http://www.thermoflowproducts.com/kneebands.html

I bought one of these for each knee from the same place as the glucosajoint stuff. I haven't noticed any effect at all from these things. They're really annoying on top of that, i can't get them to stay tight against the knee, but not so tight as to cut off circulation. But if i don't wear them, i feel naked and weak.

Posted On:
    4/05/2007 1:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You forgot the shellfish exoskeletons.
    I'm not sure that will give any flavor. They would give the mix a grainy, gravy-like texture, though.

http://www.thermoflowproducts.com/kneebands.html

I bought one of these for each knee from the same place as the glucosajoint stuff. I haven't noticed any effect at all from these things. They're really annoying on top of that, i can't get them to stay tight against the knee, but not so tight as to cut off circulation. But if i don't wear them, i feel naked and weak.
    Hmmm, I dunno man. What I do is to apply icy-hot first on the knee, then I wrap an ACE band, mostly just below the kneecap with two rounds above it. When it's really bad, I wrap the ACE band completely under the kneecap, and then, on top of all that, a futuro adjustable kneewrap. It makes my knee feel cozy, safe, protected and snugged, like in a condom or something.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast