Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Still digging on James Brown

Posted On:
    4/10/2007 9:45am

Style: BJJ & Judo (1k)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If jerky were available here I could have a big addiction problem on my hands.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    4/10/2007 10:05am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Dragon
    How exactely do you set this up? Diagram please.
    No diagrams, but it's simple to setup. It's like this, but instead of being fancy you just bungie cord some air filters layered with meat in them to a box fan.
    http://www.diyjerky.com/instructions.html

More detailed explanation.
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._31151,00.html
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2007 11:02am

Style: Krav Maga & MACS

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJon
    No diagrams, but it's simple to setup. It's like this, but instead of being fancy you just bungie cord some air filters layered with meat in them to a box fan.

Thanks! I might give that a try.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/10/2007 11:09am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJon

****!!!! I gotta give that a try, too!!!!!
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    4/10/2007 12:20pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will have to try home-made jerky. I'm near Chinatown, so I usually get the Chinese jerky. It is a little bit different, there are lots of different flavours, with lots of spicy options. They cut the meat cross-grain too, making big sheets. It is a lot less tough that way.
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    4/10/2007 1:07pm

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is a difference between dehydrated mat and acually jerked meat. But the en result i so close that that nobody bothers with know what the difference is.

Dehydrated meat is just simply meat dried by heat and air movement. This stuff doesn't have the shelf life that true jerked meat does. But is more popular because most of it is only parcially dehydrated and easier to eat. Jerked meat relies alost solely on salt to desicate the meat nd therefor preserve it. That and making it a bastard to chew.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    4/10/2007 5:51pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Chinese stuff is definitely the latter. It's not salty and not hard to chew. Roughly translated, it is "dried beef" or "dried pork" depending on the variety.
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire

Posted On:
    8/17/2011 5:03am

Style: nothing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is myth that jerky goods are fit to lose the weight. But we should keep in mind that such types of the goods can be harmful for the health. We should avoid to use such goods.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/25/2011 7:29pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seems like your chances of getting cancer are pretty high regardless of weather or not you consume corn fed beef. With such a high overall risk factor anyways I would say that you should go ahead and consume whatever you want
    .http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/CancerB...ng-from-cancer

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2011 10:20pm

Style: Grappling/bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its not just how many calories, its just as much the type of food you consume. That why "diet foods" only work to a certain point (processed, salt, fillers etc). Whole natural foods work much better for lasting weight loss. Jerky is ok, if you find the right jerky. if its sold in big box stores, stay away from it (except as a nice little snack every so often-I love jerky) Most is full of suger's. As was suggested, make your own. Go and buy lean turkey burger and make jerky patties. Season, not marinate (except a little bit for mild flavor). Also try deer. If you hunt it can be cost effective.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast