Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/09/2007 4:13pm

Style: JJ of the B variety

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I get the same story from different physicians that all specialize in cancer treatment, all agreeing that the highest correlation between colon cancer and food intake is with red meat, I wouldn't be too quick to scoff at that.

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    4/09/2007 4:22pm

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Red meat has been a smoking gun for a long time. But you can find three doctors that say it's all the other **** we do to ourselves that increase the risk of cancer for every one doc you find that says read meat is to blame. Hell look at eggs. One minute they are a miricle food, the next they clog your pee pee with collesterol.

Saying retarded **** like beef prodcers have to force feed corn to cattle then have to pump them full of antibiotics and such just to keep them alive because corn kills them is damned near criminal. Having worked in mass cattle production and being from and still a part of a beef producing family I can flat out call bullshit.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/09/2007 4:28pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bujinkan budo taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    try reindeer jerky. it makes you feel more full:) just a tip

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2007 7:38pm

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tabwyo
    Red meat has been a smoking gun for a long time. But you can find three doctors that say it's all the other **** we do to ourselves that increase the risk of cancer for every one doc you find that says read meat is to blame. Hell look at eggs. One minute they are a miricle food, the next they clog your pee pee with collesterol.

Saying retarded **** like beef prodcers have to force feed corn to cattle then have to pump them full of antibiotics and such just to keep them alive because corn kills them is damned near criminal. Having worked in mass cattle production and being from and still a part of a beef producing family I can flat out call bullshit.
    try giving that book, the Omnivore's Dilemma a read. Having relatives that farm in Iowa, I can say it is not all bullshit. Corn fed beef does not contain the same nutrients as grass fed. Corn is the bigger culprit than the beef is in America....

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/09/2007 8:06pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Losing Weight

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you hicks. corn is cheaper, thats the only reason.

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    4/09/2007 10:45pm

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Corn is semi cheap. The majority of our cattle are kept on alfalfa but we'll "heat" up the feed with corn in the winter and really hit it heavy befor calving season. We have never seen or heard of the "ill effects / unnaturalness" of feeding corn. True if you feed them hot for to long they just **** themselves to death and feedlots combat the shits with meds because pound for pound corn packs on the meat faster then anything else. Ecinomically that is.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

Posted On:
    4/09/2007 11:34pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I'm being "that guy" and posting without reading the rest of the thread, but here's my take on jerky.

I fucking love it. I love it so much I've probably burnt out 4 food dehydrators in the last 5 years making it. Just a thought: Try turkey jerky, or Buffalo jerky if you can afford the high price for the meat. Turkey jerky, if you do it right, is right on par with beef jerky for awesomeness. Definitely make it yourself. The purchased kind just does not compare.

Okay, so maybe I have a problem.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    4/10/2007 8:13am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On that good eats about jerkey AB explained how home dehydrators don't move enough air to dry the food quick enough so they have heating elements that heat the air which actually cooks the food - changing the flavor and texture for the worse.

Box fan + air filters + meat = damn good jerkey. Plus it's cheaper than a typical dehydrator.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2007 8:40am

Style: Krav Maga & MACS

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJon
    Box fan + air filters + meat = damn good jerkey. Plus it's cheaper than a typical dehydrator.
    How exactely do you set this up? Diagram please.

Posted On:
    4/10/2007 8:41am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJon
    On that good eats about jerkey AB explained how home dehydrators don't move enough air to dry the food quick enough so they have heating elements that heat the air which actually cooks the food - changing the flavor and texture for the worse.

Yeah, I've seen the episode. I thought about doing it his way, but then I'd have to buy a box fan and air filters, and I can use the dehydrator to do other things besides jerky . . . and I'm lazy. I've had jerky that was just air dried, jerky that was dehydrated, jerky that was smoked with heat, without heat . . . etc. It's all awesome.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast