Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/30/2007 3:50am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Krav Maga, Sydney

Doesn't really have a name and no one reading this will be able to train because it's not a club you can join, it's more just a group of people I know who train once a week. The trainers have been doing KM for at least four years and most have backgrounds in other MA styles, so it's not a bullshit school, but again I'm just reviewing it to give some detail etc.

It does do some LARP stuff, but in a very aggressive, full-contact way - we are encouraged to treat them like real situations, as in, use full aggression to take out someone who is actually trying to stab you. We do full contact sparring (albeit with a lot of safety equipment/pads) and groundwork. It also has some brilliant fitness training. My criticisms are that the classes are too big and it tends to focus too much on aggression for want of technique.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/30/2007 5:35am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Fairbairn Method

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you know of any similar classes or groups in Auckland? Would you please make enquiries for me?

KM instructors are quite thin-on-the-ground here, and I'd love to give it a go.

Cheers
    chieftain