Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/29/2007 10:43pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

can martial arts really help women???

My girl is taking praying mantis with me and it is ideal for anybody really especially if someone is bigger than you. Teaches strikes no one can resist as well as leverage no matter how big someone is. But can all martial arts help women against the sick bad men well really they are insecure little boy. But I think you get the point
  2. KungFuBot

Posted On:
    3/29/2007 10:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We knew you could do it! dragondog27 posted, YAY! And if a bot is this rude, just imagine harsh this is gonna be. Hope you're wearing a thick gi.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2007 11:04pm

Style: Aikido, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "can martial arts really help women???"

Sorry, no. Women are hopeless. God made them weaker so that they would have to rely on big strong men, reinforcing the natural order. It's a harsh truth.

(Yes, I'm kidding.)

Actually, it's amazing...I saw a site once that pretty much espoused the above viewpoint. This was from a guy named Klumsyboy or somesuch...he had all kinds of outrageous claims, like, "I learn all the best stuff from an art in about six months, then I'm done" or "The best attack in this case would be to roll towards them, then hit them in the groin" or "I invented the question mark". Among them were various assertions about women being inherently weaker, and that being good and right. ... curiously, he also had a page dedicated to what appeared to be some sort of female bodybuilder fetish. Hmm.

Anyway. I'm sure martial arts can help just about anyone learn to better defend him- or herself, as I suspect most people on this forum would agree. Although, to be honest, I'm not sure -any- martial art is the most efficacious route to self-defense. (That would lie mainly in intelligent choices about neighborhoods and where you go after dark, and perhaps in acquiring a weapon like a gun or taser or whatever.) Personal civilian self-defense is generally just a side benefit. (As in, if all you're after is day-to-day self-defense...martial arts are a waste of time and money.)
    Last edited by PSanderson; 3/29/2007 11:33pm at . Reason: Clarified that I'm not meaning to hassle anyone

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    3/30/2007 12:36am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    pssh, women fighting? next thing you know they'll have the vote!

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    3/30/2007 12:48am

supporting member
     Style: MT/SUB GRAPPLING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Women seek the wisdom of how to kill a man in his sleep.

This is where true power lies.

Posted On:
    3/30/2007 3:36am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dragondog27
    My girl is taking praying mantis with me and it is ideal for anybody really especially if someone is bigger than you. Teaches strikes no one can resist as well as leverage no matter how big someone is. But can all martial arts help women against the sick bad men well really they are insecure little boy. But I think you get the point
    It's claimed to be ideal yet no reliable evidence supports this. Most preying mantis, (or kung-fu for that matter) use scripted drills which fail to replicate what you will be exposed to in a fight.

I'm sorry but I don't think preying mantis kung fu is going to work. How many larger people have you beaten in sparring using preying mantis techniques? How many has your girlfriend?

I recommend combat sports like judo, bjj and muay thai for self defence, for both men and women.
    Last edited by Virus; 3/30/2007 8:48am at .

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    3/30/2007 8:12am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Strikes no one can resist huh? Video evidence demo'ing such strikes please.

Posted On:
    3/30/2007 8:36am

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Capoeira helps women get incredibly hot. I hear taking TKD will help get them in your pants.

What will help them fight? Judo. Why? Kimura. He's a God and can inbue his powers into them with a special incantation before they get raped and his IMMORTAL CHI will enter her and she ends up ass-raping her rapist.

In a slightly more serious tone: Judo. Why? Because I was 17 and 220lb's and was tai-otoshi'd (http://www.judoinfo.com/images/anima.../taiotoshi.htm) by a 16 yr old 130 lb female and hurt. In my defense it was my second week and she'd been in it since age 7. Now, this wasn't a fluke because it was randori practice and it ended up happening... a lot. Just watch some clips on Ryoko Tani/Tamura and see what a small female with good Judo can do to larger opponents.

Posted On:
    3/30/2007 8:47am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is one of those threads you'll want to print out before quitting your school.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    3/30/2007 8:47am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i got a body no-one can resist..but strikes..dunno bout that one man...

also very important with women is mentally,the attitude.
    one time i met a girl,she came to class with lipstick and painted nails and stuff....not the right mindset.
    I guess when one trains properly you see a human body is a human body and the right usage of technique can get u a long way.
Page 1 of 12 1 234511 ... LastLast