UAAAH!

Posted On:
    3/28/2007 2:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Now I know how Bob Sapp feels

I dropped in at my old TKD school to do a class at night (I get free classes there, when I'm back), and my friend looked at me and said "man did you pick the wrong night", I said "No, I picked the right night!" wanting to get a hard workout in. I had done a class the night before, one of the regular classes, and as usual it wasn't much to me. This class happened to be the competition training class, where the students who are good are made to come and train. Man, did I pick the wrong night. I knew the class started badly when I rolled both my ankles in just the warm-up run, and started getting chest pains after the 8th lap. This isn't normal for me, but I figured when we got a little rest, it would go away. The problem was that we didn't get any rest at all. We spent 90 minutes in non-stop suicide runs, high-jumps, and any other draining cardio you can think of, then non-stop kicking drills. My diaphragm was giving me chest pains the whole time, and it felt like someone was squeezing my heart. I never felt that horrible, not even when I trained at Korea's National Sport university. I was basically gassed out and dead in the water by about 30 minutes in, but I couldn't stop, so I had to try and keep going. I honestly couldn't see a way I could last the whole class, but I did somehow (though lagging behind). The next day, when my chest hurt slightly less, I decided I needed to focus on cardio and endurance in addition to strength and hypertrophy. I do kickboxing, I do jiujitsu, and I do a lot of powerlifting, but nothing meant anything when it was my first hard TKD class in 4 years.

Anyway, no real point to the story except I'm running a lot more now, and I felt like a pathetic schmuck.
    Last edited by feedback; 3/28/2007 10:10pm at .
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    3/28/2007 2:39pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How are you doing in powerlifting? As far as lifting for hypertrophy why is that a goal, to me I powerlift for increased strength. Are you abandoning it or just adding cardio in?

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    3/28/2007 2:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    feedback,

I speak from experience. The "chest pains" as you describe them, are not normal. You are describing a heart arrhythmia or angina.

Get yourself to a doctor immediately and make it clear to him/her what is going on.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    3/28/2007 3:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are chest pains ever normal? I've had chest pains once or twice before but never during exercise.

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    3/28/2007 3:42pm

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by feedback
    I dropped in at my old TKD school...
    I do kickboxing, I do jiujitsu, and I do a lot of powerlifting, but nothing meant anything when it was my first hard TKD class in 4 years...
    Seconding Tom...
    + I have an off-topic question: where's the content of your style field in your list of what you did/currently do?
    + an off-topic remark: your new avatar picture looks way less disturbing to me than the previous one...

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    3/28/2007 4:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonuzaba
    Seconding Tom...
    + I have an off-topic question: where's the content of your style field in your list of what you did/currently do?
    + an off-topic remark: your new avatar picture looks way less disturbing to me than the previous one...
    Most folks use the style field as their primary style/what they actually use/are good at, not everything they've ever trained at. Otherwise, mine would look like

TKD/Boxing/MT/Submission Grappling/BJJ/Aikido/SAMBO/Shotokan/JKD/Pankration/Wrestling
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    3/28/2007 8:34pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    feedback,

I speak from experience. The "chest pains" as you describe them, are not normal. You are describing a heart arrhythmia or angina.

Get yourself to a doctor immediately and make it clear to him/her what is going on.
    I've felt those pains similarly before- from running a few miles while breathing improperly. The other feeling was being winded. I'm going to practice again tonight, if there is anything like that again I will see a doctor (I interned in cardiac rehab, I should know better).

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    3/28/2007 8:34pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonuzaba
    Seconding Tom...
    I train and teach muay thai at my university, it's what I focus on and am best at.

LT Guy: I lift weights (non power exercises) for hypertrophy, and power lift for... power. I am adding the running on to the end of my routine, not eschewing anything. I ran a mile after my workout yesterday, little chest pain, but not bad and not hard.
    Last edited by feedback; 3/28/2007 8:36pm at .

Skinnyweight

Posted On:
    3/28/2007 10:12pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought this thread was going to be about you getting punched in the eye and crying. What a gyp.

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    3/28/2007 10:18pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought this was about having a broken nose.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast