Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/23/2007 1:48pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Losing Weight

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    from facebook -

"We im am turning 21, I want Gun stuff, I want a hand gun, a Sniper rifle, or legos...anything star trek, theres ideas but of course i am happy with just you showing up or shooting me a message."

turns out Coda can legally be an alcoholic now. With legos. More people are NOT ateending via the website then people attending. Awesome.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/23/2007 1:48pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by emptyhanded
    no i am billy i go to coda scotts dojo
    Billy, read all of the "Coda Scott Investigations" please.

Posted On:
    3/23/2007 1:50pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: judo aikido kobudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by polishillusion
    Billy, read all of the "Coda Scott Investigations" please.
    i am still going thru it as we speak

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/23/2007 1:55pm

Style: Hung Gar / Choy Li Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by emptyhanded
    no i am billy i go to coda scotts dojo
    Hey Billy, John Miller here.

First, I will say yes, read all the information.

Next, I will say that you should use your own judgement as to your conclussion and not let the opinions of others be your only information.

This holds true not only for Coda Scott, but for any instructor you wish to gain information on or study under. Everyone can present their opinions and you can read them, but in the end you are responsible for your own conclussions on this and any other matter.

We were all given a mind to think with, so just be sure you use it and dont let what others say, from either side of this debate be your only information.

Thank you and God bless,,
    John Miller.

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    3/23/2007 1:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Luckily, Billy, I am not beholden to good manners, or burdened by the need for civility. Find another place to train, under qualified instruction. If you have any doubts about why my opinion is correct, I welcome your questions.

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    3/23/2007 5:15pm

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will not close this thread, nor will I remove the rough draft from these pages.

The fact is, Coda is still teaching people, and so all information about his abilities, claims, and history should be available to potential and current students.

Had your review perhaps found Coda to be more skilled, capable, mature I may have been inclined to close this thread or remove the rough draft. Had your "board" perhaps taken steps to do something about its conclusion- that Coda is not an advanced and capable martial artist of the sort fit to teach- then perhaps I would be bothered to wait for you men to prepare a final product.

The fact is it has been nearly two months. In two months' time you have released nothing till now. Your review board found nothing in Coda's demonstration to be on par with the skill you'd expect of a real instructor, and yet you say and do nothing.

I hear plenty of concern for Coda's feelings and that's just fine and dandy, but you forget that this review is about considerably more than Coda's feelings; Coda has students who trust his claims and follow his example. Coda instructs people in an activity that is inherently dangerous, an activity he is not good at. Yes, help Coda, but first help the people who have entrusted their children to him and let them know that Coda has no business teaching people martial arts.

Would the members of this board honestly let Coda teach their children martial arts? Harsh, yes, but it is a question that must be asked.

I have my own theories as to why this is taking you so long, why no meaningful action has been taken, but I'll keep them to myself for now.

This is a defining moment for your Quan-fa organization; your own board has found Coda ill suited to run a martial arts school, now what are you going to do about it?

Oh, for the record, it's spelled Bullshido.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/23/2007 5:50pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have been saying this forever. This "honorable helping" master stuff you guys are doing is deplorable. He does NOT want your help, and is going to USE you when you try to help him for his own personal gain.

I decided I'd have a pretty avatar for a while.

Posted On:
    3/23/2007 6:25pm

Style: Student Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAdam
    As for the rest of Bullshito, I do believe that this site means well, though I don't approve of your methods. But then again you never ask my opinion did you? No.

I'm working very hard to help Mr. Scott improve his skills and his attitude, all of which is being made harder by this site and now even the members of my board.

I know none of you have any reason to wish to help Mr. Scott, but maybe you would be willing to help me help him so that he can become the kind of instructor that you all would like to see teaching to the public.
    Emphasis mine.

Now, I don't know you, I don't know who you are and I don't know what your agenda is.

Frankly I really don't care.

I have one very simple question for you:

Will you be taking over all of Coda's classes until he attains an acceptable instructor grade? Or at the very least will you demand he closes all of his classes until he is properly qualified?

If you can't answer yes to either of these questions then I'm afaid that people here will have very little time for you and will not hide their justifiable contempt for you actions in supporting this person.

FACT: Coda has claimed certain qualifications.
    FACT: The Bullshido (see how it's spelt?) crew headed by Dai has PROVEN that he has lied about MANY of these.
    FACT: Coda has continued to publicly use titles he has not earned or is entitled to use.

In academia we call this 'Precedent of Doubt'. The source has been proven to be lacking in more then one case, therefore anything else they say cannot be taken at face value. THIS APPLIES TO CODA.

Need I remind you of the knife attack story? Or the 'Lecter style' court hearing? The failure to produce certification in the arts he has claimed?

Look back at the site, it's all recorded here.

To be clear: if you allow Coda to continue to teach while you 'help' him, you are guilty of helping him continue to defraud his students. Maybe not in a monetary sense, but in the time and effort they put in to study under someone who time and again, and even by the panel YOU sat on, is unfit to be teaching.

DAGORILLA: Do not be disheartened, I have read the review and some of Mr. Miller's posts (this is certainly not a personal attack on Mr. Miller) and the standard of English and proofreading is not the greatest.

If Mr. Miller would like a proofreader and editor for the new version of the report then (time permitting) I would be happy to offer my assistance.

EMPTYHANDED/BILLY: I really don't know how to be nice about this. If you return to Coda's school after reading the evidence presented in these threads (evidence that Coda has yet to even attempt to rebuke) and watching the video of the Bullshido crew's visit to his school then you are quiet simply stupid. There's no nicer way of putting it. There are many schools within your area, ask people here where to go, with an indication of what you want from your MA practice and the locals will advise you as to some schools to try. Contrary to the belief, and what Coda may have said, we do not exclusively recommend BJJ and Muay Thai. We will recommend any art provided the school in question is honest and open about its styles, effectiveness and practices. Coda's school fails all these criteria.
    "Listen to Iscariot you Vicchysoise ninja-fuckers!" - kohadril
    "Are you going to rise to godhood out of the ashes of Earth? " - frumpleswift
    "I'll pray for you Iscariot." - Mas
    "Iscariot, check your pulse and report back. We need to know if you are in fact, not alive." - Lu Tzu
    "Iscariot is victorious!" - Dai Tenshi
    "More God delusions." - DAYoung
    "Iscariot, despite our obvious doctrinal differences, I salute your exquisite bastardry, and take back half of all the bad things I ever said about you." - Zendetta

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/23/2007 10:09pm

Style: American Karate,TSD,KFSS

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To answer your question Die, NO I would not let coda teach anything to my child. Thank-You Mr. Miller for honoring my request to be taken off Quan-Fa as a board member. I did not think I was going to be sensored as to what I wrote on that board.

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    3/23/2007 10:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The review is a bloody laughing stock, both Scott and the instructors who assessed him. Looks like the assessors are too busy stroking their own egos with patronising pretend humility that does nothing that puff arse smoke in the innocent public's eyes.

Why no video? Seriously, one good reason.

Mind you I can't believe he let himself down by not spending the necessary 20 minutes to perfect a horse stance before the assessment - a perfect horse stance would clearly have qualified him to teach fighting in the board's eyes. Of course, he'd have to have made sure the horse stance was the same as the ones acceptible in the limited experience of the assessors cos if he did an exotic variation they might not recognise it and think he's only "Rusty intermediate".
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast