Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 3:44pm

Style: Hung Gar / Choy Li Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fox
    I agree with you John that it is to long, but on the otherside I do not believe we should change what someone wrote. It is like Thad said " One person speaking for all ", which in my opinion is wrong. I just posted what you sent.
    No problem Tom, it wasn's that far off from what we intended it to be anyhow.

You should have a final draft in your inbox now. I tried to shorten things up a bit, take some shared opinions of everyone and put them in the group overview.

Also, the group overview is at the beginning so the reader can find our shared opinion more quickly.

In any case, everyone has been asked to look it all over one last time, I think it is as short as it can get without taking out everyone's individual observations and simply giving the group assessment, which I might add, we all agreed is our shared opinion.

I think it is better to have each person's observations for clairity, but we have to stay in the here and now as well as nutral as much as we can.

Thanks for your help and God bless,,
    John.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 8:33pm

Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, I can't believe I read that!

Seriously, the Reviewers did a good job in their evaluation.

But, to what end?

Coda is still going to continue his lies and still continue to teach his BS art. He's still going to take people's money and fill children's minds with his crap.

Just go to the facebook web site and see what he is planning at his "dojo".

Here's what he has posted:

Education Info
    Grad School: OSU / NOC Gateway '08
    Law, Philosophy - To learn how to speel

High School: Cleveland High School '04

Work Info
    Employer: True Power Martial Arts Academy
    Position: Head Sensei - Master Instructor - Dojo Founder
    Time Period: January 2003 Present
    Description: I founded True Power in Aug of 03 as a Dojo - and a Team in Dec 02.

The "Word" on this "craptasical master" needs to really get out on this guy big time!

At one time it was discussed that a local paper article would be written exposing this guy. Maybe that is the next course of action?
    Last edited by chalkieusa; 3/22/2007 8:40pm at .

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 9:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    video please

We don't need a 1000 word essay on his kata, a 1 minute clip of him sparring speaks a trillion words. It's bloody martial arts not sociology.
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/23/2007 1:48am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Chinese Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Disapointed

Ok, the cat is out of it's bag. No, I'm not happy with Miller or Fox in what I've read thus far on this thread. I ask ever one personally to be on the board except for Thad who I ask Fox to get in touch with after he suggested him.

Thank you Thad for not speaking on the subject or showing any video about the Evaluation. As the main reason for the review was more for Mr. Scott's improvement as a guide to show him what he needs to do to better himself. It was never the intent to besto or take away rank, only be a stepping stone for Scott to get on some neutral ground with his community. And some good has come of it, some of the board members who where jaded towards him saw something that did impress them enough to at least deal with Scott in a more civil tone. This has allowed to some degree for these members and Scott to try and start moving forward with their lives instead of living in the past.

Forgive and move on, forgiving some one isn't for their benifit as much as it is for yours. Holding on to your anger is like drinking poison and then waiting for the other person to die. Does it mean that you won't have bad feelings assosiated with that person, no, but those feelings will diminish over time. This was the first step I hoped to accomplish and to some minor extent I have had some success. But this site continues to make this task very difficult, but not impossible.

As for the rest of Bullshito, I do believe that this site means well, though I don't approve of your methods. But then again you never ask my opinion did you? No.

I'm working very hard to help Mr. Scott improve his skills and his attitude, all of which is being made harder by this site and now even the members of my board.

I know none of you have any reason to wish to help Mr. Scott, but maybe you would be willing to help me help him so that he can become the kind of instructor that you all would like to see teaching to the public.

This takes time, nothing happens over night, I'm just asking for that time is all. If you wish please send one or more of your repts to review me and see if I'm for real or just a bull **** artist.

I've already put enough info about myself and my martial arts history on the last thread for any one who wishes to do their own checking on me.

Again the Evaluation was my ideal and I am the one in charge of it, so this leak falls on my shoulders, no matter who is at fault. Those who have military experience should understand this. If I can't take the heat then I shouldn't be in charge.

So to Mr. Scott and to the True Power School I wish to make this a public and formal appology and hope that all who where there at the Evaluation whether in the school or on the board or out side watching through the windows will take a look at my example and choose to remain silent on this matter until at which time I (Adam Hull) give verbal and or written permission to discuss this out side of the group that was there that night.

Thank you for your time
    and yes I've read and understand all of the threads on Mr. Scott to date, and yes I still wish to try and help him so long as he desires to let me.
    Last edited by CaptainAdam; 3/23/2007 2:12am at .

Posted On:
    3/23/2007 9:16am

Style: boxing, gjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whatever. He is a punk and a liar. Even the ones on the board who wanted him to do ok said he was at an 'intermediate' level. So then he went to Facebook and is calling himself 'Head Sensei' and 'Master Instructor'.

Your all pissed off at Miller and Fox. Why? For telling the truth?

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    3/23/2007 9:24am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAdam
    and yes I've read and understand all of the threads on Mr. Scott to date, and yes I still wish to try and help him so long as he desires to let me.
    So then you will make a public commitment to have help him stop lying and misrepresenting himself, his skills, and his "accomplishments"?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/23/2007 9:26am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Losing Weight

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CODA SCOTT DOES NOT WANT HELP. END OF STORY.

This is that bullshit fake "Non-Violence" and maturity in the MA's I so much fucking hate. Stop LARPing the "grand olde master road" and start understanding that this man hurt a ton of people, and is still trying to do so. Coda Scott does NOT want to STOP HURTING PEOPLE.

edit - possible video incoming
    Last edited by polishillusion; 3/23/2007 9:38am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/23/2007 10:48am

Style: Hung Gar / Choy Li Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good morning, John Miller here.
    First, Adam, As I said last night, I will take the wrap on this one, and will offer an explination as to the events for what its worth.
    First and formost, let it be known that the mistake lies with me and no other in my opinion.
    The health problems which you know about resulting in the miss-communication with Mr Fox is not relevent, only the result. The result being that this review has been posted on our website before final approval of the Quan-Fa board (Seperate from Adam's evaluation board, though we were all present.)
    Now, what has happened is this.
    1. I could not finish the editing and compiling of the review for personal reasons and handed it over to Mr Fox for this task.
    2. The review was to be submitted as a review on our own site for final approval by the Quan-Fa board, the members of which along with background are listed on our website.
    3. Due to these personal problems my communication was not what it should have been. It seems that Mr Fox has done exactly what he thought I wanted done. The review was posted in OUR forum in the planning thread we had been using to some extent for this.
    4. In an effort to allow your evaluation board who are not Quan-Fa board members, as well as to allow Coda Scott access to the development of the review, that thread had been left public, but not advertised.
    5. Others had found the thread and it looks to have been copied from there and posted here, and where else I do not know.
    The information was 90% complete when this happened, and is an accurate representation of the observations of the evaluation group. Prehaps against the wishes of others I will state here that there was other information to be added which, in my opinion would indicate that Coda Scott was taking steps to correct at least some of the problems we had observed. In order to be a fair review this information should have been included in the review before it was made public.
    I am personaly not so concerned with what the masses of the internet think about Coda Scott, Adam Hull, Tom Fox, Myself or anyone else for that matter. What I am concerned with is my personal word.
    My personal word to everyone concerned was that I would post a Fair and Honest review of the Skills observed while on your EValuation board. This was by agreement with Coda Scott the night before the evaluation. As such, any short commings concerning the posting of this review must fall on myself and not those setting on Mr Hull's Board (Coda Scott, that one is for you, we already talked, but this is your public confirmation as to who "Dropped the ball").
    As a Fair and Honest Review must be complete, In that aspect I have failed and am sorry.

As for where the final review will go from here will have to be a matter of discussion amoung our group. Coda Scott has requested the review be removed from our site as with the way things turned out I have failed my end of our agreement (the review was not complete when posted and pasted to other sites).

I personaly will not make a final descission on that matter until we have all descussed it amoung ourselves. Before anyone asks, No, there is no legal fallout to concern with, I am only concerned with what is right. If, in the opinion of our group, my mistake has breached our agreement, we will drop the whole matter until such a time as a new agreement can be reached between us and Coda Scott.
    If, in our opinion we have not breached our agreement, we will continue as planned, with the rough draft hidden (at least on our site) from public view until the final approved draft is posted. The original rough draft is now in a locked thread not accessible to pubic viewing.

I realize this is not the place to plann this (again), I post it here for t he sake of records so that my words will not be changed. A copy of this statement will be posted both on bullshido and Quan-Fa websites.

So, to everyone concerned, again, I am sorry for any confussion this has caused and the blame must rest on me and me alone.

Thank you all and God bless,,
    John Miller

Posted On:
    3/23/2007 10:49am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Regardless of him being a liar and all the other things he has been called.

Most of the reviewers have claimed that he has a 'rusty intermediate' level of about everything he has shown in the demo.
    If a black belt is advanced, then I believe intermediate is green or bleu.
    Since he is rusty we can say he has a green belt level.

Now he has been claiming for quiet a while to be:
    Position: Head Sensei - Master Instructor - Dojo Founder
    Side node: I believed that he have said somewhere in the past that he would not use the title Master Instructor anymore.

CaptainAdam, if you want to help Coda there is only one thing you can do.
    Tell him to stop his dojo and come and train with you for the next 5+ years.
    After he has gained a respectable level you can help him with start up his own dojo again.

There was a lot of talk about respecting the martial arts in the review.
    Letting him teach whatever he knows of these arts he claims to have 'mastered', shows not much respect towards these arts or his students from you.

Posted On:
    3/23/2007 11:00am

Style: boxing, gjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Exactly. He is running his dojo to stroke his ego. Period. I thought TMAs were against people being egotistic and lying. Am I wrong?
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast