Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 2:50am

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by boxingbear
    I found this when I typed in Coda Scott in Facebook. This from i guess a student/instructor.

Personal Info
    Activities: I am the Grappling Instructor for True Power Martial Arts Academy.
    I train in Bushido Kai. (Bushido Kai Karate Kenpo-way of the empty handed, hard bodied warrior) Under Mr. Coda Scott.

Work Info
    Employer: True Power Martial Arts Academy
    Position: Grappling Instructor
    Time Period: December 2007 Present
    Description: I teach collegiate and freestyle wrestling, Judo and Jujitsu. (I am still training in Judo, and Jujitsu from our Senior Instructor)

WTF!?? HARD-BODIED WARRIOR?!? And who is his senior instructor? LMAO! :karated: :laughing7 am i an a$$hole or what??
    Name? Link?

I'm curious.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 3:33am

Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    facebook

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 3:40am

Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'm not going to name the student. just go to facebook and put in coda's name.it will come up.

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 11:58am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who the hell wrote that 'review' of Coda?

Nitpicking I know --

but last I checked, 'expectable' is not a word.

It's either the dyslexic, retarded cousin of 'acceptable' or the writer is ESL or scarcely literate.

/rant off. Sorry.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 12:05pm

Style: American Karate,TSD,KFSS

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    check again..and if it is under a persons name the that person wrote it. Spell check it and see for youself, comes up no error found

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 12:50pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After reading a bit of that review I had to browse most of it. Too long. It seems that in their effort to be extremely neutral on this issue, they may have given this man exactly what he wanted.

If I was a newb and read that, I would go "Well, the guy is better then me so I see no problem in training with him" instead of "This guy's skills don't mach the level that he claims to have to the point of of said level being suspect, therefore, I should stay away from training with this person."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 1:04pm

Style: Bok Fu Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have to admit, I really don't understand Coda's whole thought process on this. He has been outed severely (and repeatedly) as an underskilled and underqualified instructor, but he keeps doing everything he can to prove that he has these nonexistant skills. What on earth was he hoping to accomplish by having this "board review"? Was he really expecting to be justified in any way? Then when the review doesn't go the way he wants, he apparently gets petulant and starts sniping at the board members that HE ASKED TO BE THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE. Seriously WTF?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 1:17pm

Style: Hung Gar / Choy Li Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good day, John Miller here.

First, Thank you Tom for your work on the compiling of the review, with my eye the way it is I just cant look at it for long at this time (that is getting better).

Now down to business.

I have read over the post in our forum, and while it is very complete, I think we should condense it down a bit, I am working on that now, it is entirely too long.

For the official published story on our site, we will deal with the Traditional Styles Coda Claims any rank in or has given instruction and / or promotions to his students in.

We will deal with nothing that has been assessed in the past unless requested to eval for improvement or the such. In reality, we have no business passing judgement on anyone else anyway, but we were asked so we will do our best.

With that said, I am back to work now and will try to shorten the review up a bit and get the most important facts up front for the reader and include any new information that has come up since the review.

Thank you and God bless,,
    John Miller.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 2:43pm

Style: American Karate,TSD,KFSS

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with you John that it is to long, but on the otherside I do not believe we should change what someone wrote. It is like Thad said " One person speaking for all ", which in my opinion is wrong. I just posted what you sent.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 3:30pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Losing Weight

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the review seems like they are trying to get as fair as humanly possible to Scott. that takes a LOT in this situation, so bravo to them, because i would have been going nuts the whole damn time
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast