4/01/2007 11:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Khun Kao
    What's the new gym?
    Knuckle Up
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2007 1:49pm

Style: MuayThai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah, Khunpon! I met him at one of my title fights (I actually fought one of his guys). I think you guys are really going to like training with him! Good luck!

Posted On:
    4/03/2007 9:55pm

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KidSpatula
    Hips in, post off the face to create space (the nose is the most annoying, the forehead gives the most leverage), swim under keeping elbows tight. If someone starts to grab your head with one had, one thing you can do is push up on the tricep and duck under and around to their side putting you in a position for an arm triangle (standing choke, but also really good position to throw knees from). It's a bit tricky to get, but if you do it puts you in a great position.

I used to have a really good plum clinch, but haven't really worked it as much these days, otherwise we'd do a TOTW on it...
    Kid, I tried the pushing arm up and ducking move with my coach, and could not pull it off. I didn't have the leverage to lift his arm up. How do you do it?

I asked him about the move after our clinch sparring and he said it was very hard to pull off unless your opponent is not paying attention.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    4/03/2007 9:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PPlate
    Kid, I tried the pushing arm up and ducking move with my coach, and could not pull it off. I didn't have the leverage to lift his arm up. How do you do it?

I asked him about the move after our clinch sparring and he said it was very hard to pull off unless your opponent is not paying attention.
    It can be a bit tricky at times but it's certainly doable. You just have to make sure to do it before they have any kind of grip on you.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 8:35am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PPlate, like everything else in plum its ALL timing. If you pull someone to their left they have to put weight on their left foot and on your right shoulder. This lightens the pressure on your left side which, with excellent timing, will give you a chance to pop up their right elbow and duck under. I like to do it as part of a pulling turn. I pull them to their left as I turn to my right. Sometimes this makes them have to take a big step at that point its easy to pop up the opposite elbow and duck under.

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 9:46am

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    PPlate, like everything else in plum its ALL timing. If you pull someone to their left they have to put weight on their left foot and on your right shoulder. This lightens the pressure on your left side which, with excellent timing, will give you a chance to pop up their right elbow and duck under. I like to do it as part of a pulling turn. I pull them to their left as I turn to my right. Sometimes this makes them have to take a big step at that point its easy to pop up the opposite elbow and duck under.
    That's a great tip, I'll try it, thanks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 10:24am

Style: MuayThai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, a technique we work with is rather than thinking/worrying about lifting their elbow, get your hand underneath the elbow to "brace" it in place so that as you duck under and out, your training partner/opponent can't drop their elbow down to block you or "follow" you with it as you try to break to the outside.

You can also press inwards (towards your centerline) on their elbow, to break the "structure" of the hold and how your partner/opponent are using it to brace you in place to hold your head.
    Last edited by Khun Kao; 4/04/2007 10:27am at .
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345