Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2007 2:04pm

Style: not training currently

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TEA
    If I go with the new shotgun, perhaps I should consider a 20 gauge instead of a 12, since my wife is only 5'1" and 102#? Similar to the advice regarding pistols, bigger is better unless its size becomes an impediment to practice.
    Yes, and consider a youth model in the 20 gauge 870. Your petite wife should like its reduced pull and they handle as quick as a wink.

I have one I keep loaded with Federal Premium #2 buckshot for home defense and pest control. It launches 18 .27 inch pellets at ~1175 feet per second with much less recoil than my 12 gauges. Perfect for home defense distances and much less expensive than almost any quality handgun.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2007 3:53pm

Style: Ha Say Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whatever you choose make sure it's a hunting weapon and not sold as a defence weapon. Ie. no short barrels, no pistol grips, no extended tube. No hand loaded ammo also fits into this catagory.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2007 9:34pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TM
    Whatever you choose make sure it's a hunting weapon and not sold as a defence weapon. Ie. no short barrels, no pistol grips, no extended tube. No hand loaded ammo also fits into this catagory.
    Mind sharing why? A defensive weapon is exactly what he wants. I agree with your take on the pistol grip (or rather the pistol grip only), but for rather different reasons.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/29/2007 7:52am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do any of us live in a dust-bowl era midwest farm? Are we indigent?

Style counts.

Look tactical.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2007 11:54am

Style: Ha Say Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you shoot someone with a specialized defence weapon no matter how justified it was the fairies will come out of the woodworks screaming that you were looking for trouble and that it was only a matter of time before you killed someone with your dreaded defence weapon. Do yourself a favor and only own traditional hunting firearms. Save your hand loaded ammo for hunting and the target range.

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    3/29/2007 4:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you shoot someone with a specialized defence weapon no matter how justified it was the fairies will come out of the woodworks screaming that you were looking for trouble and that it was only a matter of time before you killed someone with your dreaded defence weapon. Do yourself a favor and only own traditional hunting firearms. Save your hand loaded ammo for hunting and the target range.
    Check out the thread on the Castle Doctrine in Texas. I could use and RPG to take out a burglar and as long as it didn't hurt the neighbors or their property, I'd be immune from prosecution. Of course, cleaning up the mess would be bloody awful.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/29/2007 4:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** that. These are my jammies.

Last edited by Nid; 3/29/2007 4:54pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/30/2007 12:28am

Style: MMA, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TEA
    Check out the thread on the Castle Doctrine in Texas. I could use and RPG to take out a burglar and as long as it didn't hurt the neighbors or their property, I'd be immune from prosecution. Of course, cleaning up the mess would be bloody awful.
    I love Texas.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/30/2007 9:45am

Style: BJJ and Westernized TKD.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you sure about that? I mean you definately have to make sure that you are justified in shooting. You don't want to shoot the drunk neighbor that just accidentally walked into the wrong house. If it is a justified case of self defense I think it does not matter what model gun you fired.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/30/2007 10:58am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go Home Alone style on these SoBs.

I would've never considered getting a gun for home protection until I saw the picture of that shot gun above. Something very pretty and calling about it.

Will I get in trouble if they're coming up the stairs and I heave a 85 pound sword (no ****)over the banister, to topple down toward them?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast