Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/26/2007 10:12am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Pablo Popovitch Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

This is by far the best Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu instruction I ever had in my life. All classes are run by Pablo Popovitch and I could not be happier with my training.

I used to train at the American Top Team Academy in Coconut Creek and at the time Pablo was still a member of the ATT. I watched him submit and dominate innumerous times everyone there, he was the best grappler they had and I became a big fan of his style. (Iíve seen him tap Jeff Monson, Dennis Kang, Marcus Aurelio, Hermez Franca, Charles Mccarty, Mike Brown( I was really impressed when I saw him beating much larger opponents).

I could not have made a better choice, last year alone Team Popovitch won 4 out of 7 Competition Awards and Pablo was also Awarded Instructor of the Year by the most respected Grappling organization in the World -N.A.G.A.

Pablo Popovitch Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy
    Ft. Lauderdale Florida 33334
    (954)771-0084
    www.bjjcenter.com

The school has been so successful that this year Pablo is planning an Expansion to a 10000sq State of the Art facility.

Here are the classes offered at the current location in Fort. Lauderdale:
    Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

Submission Wrestling

Kickboxing

Muay Thai

Mixed Martial Arts

The huge difference I noticed at Pabloís school was the emphasis on their beginners program, they have a program designed just for the true beginner and it makes things much easier for the non experience person that wants to learn real martial arts. When I started I was in an Advanced Class and I felt completely lost most of the time, Pablo designed a curriculum that it is easy to learn and effective within a couple classes.

Plus I have a great time with the Team, Everyone care about each other and the friendship I found at the Academy was something I was looking for a long time.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    3/26/2007 11:01am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to train there a while back ago. Pablo is really good, as a grappler and as an instructor. I found the costs back then to be a bit unreachable for my budget, though.

What's the current cost nowadays?

BTW, I'm submitting my review based on my experiences back there from Oct 2005 to Jan 2006.

I'm leaving out equipment, striking and weapons out - since I never took Pablo's MMA classes, I cannot give any rating, but I would imagine his MMA/striking classes are of high quality as well.

Last edited by Teh El Macho; 3/26/2007 11:09am at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris