Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/24/2007 9:33pm

Style: ukemi & tapping out

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

How rested to be before competition?

Okay, earlier today I competed in my first Judo tournament, and lost both my matches. Now yesterday I still went to class and participated in some semi-hard randori, even had a guy land on my shoulder from a bad throw, and I'm wondering if I should avoid this sort of thing the day before a competion. Now I'm not going to blame my losses completely on being tired, but I do think it contributed.
  2. KungFuBot

Posted On:
    3/24/2007 9:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In spite of what some other web-sites would have you believe, we here at Bullshido.net welcome you, Just Guess, with open arms and hope that you will share with us your unique experiences and ideas on the martial arts.... so that we may then make fun of those experiences and ideas.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/24/2007 9:48pm

Style: ukemi & tapping out

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW, I had no idea where I should have posted this, so I put it here. If some mod would be kind enough to move this to the proper forum, that would be great.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2007 7:53pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thats a tough one.

Sometimes I've felt like **** the day of with no sleep and sore from training and I end up doing my best.

Other times I've come in well slept, had no trouble making weight, not sore and ended up doing mediocre.

I think there is something else that factors into it.

After awhile you take a more professional mind-set where, this is what you do and it aint no big deal. Then I think it doesnt matter so much.

Prolly not quite the answer you were looking for.

But I guess I'd try to not be sore or tired until competitions don't bother you.