Administrator

Posted On:
    11/08/2012 10:37pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet-fu View Post
    Dan Inosanto's academy phone number is really easy to find. What I meant is, looking around on internet forums where people will say what they think they read/heard somewhere forever ago is not a source.
    You know what? I'd really appreciate if you actually read the rules of this subforum. You keep implying things that ARE NOT ALLOWED and frowned upon in this area. Yes, in this particular subforum, you must cite sources other than posts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2012 11:14pm

Style: Still deciding.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You keep implying things that ARE NOT ALLOWED and frowned upon in this area. Yes, in this particular subforum, you must cite sources other than posts.
    Can you please clarify what you mean?

Posted On:
    11/10/2012 12:13am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dan Inosanto's academy phone number is really easy to find. What I meant is, looking around on internet forums where people will say what they think they read/heard somewhere forever ago is not a source.
    The problem of course is that Dan may not have the time to field a phone call, or wish to talk to someone he does not know about the reputation of a particular instructor. Especially if said instructor is litigious. When using the internet as a source, we encourage people to link to the original source they are using, so their information can be evaluated. I wish more instructors would comment on the record, but often it is their students who share information that would be valuable to the potential consumer.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/10/2012 12:29am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can you please clarify what you mean?
    Sure. This area is for factual information. If you want to post here, add relevant information, like the actual phone number.

I am also pointing out that sourcing only websites, various posts, and other forms of hearsay are only accepted with other sources. Unless, as Sam pointed out, it is their personal website, a student with permission and other confirmed forum usage.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234