Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Ninjerism

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just for you Tonuzaba: Bearing in mind the fact that I thought it would suck, it was great. There was 20 minutes of LARPism and then then something like 2 hours of BJJ. Something like 40 minutes of drilling stuff relatively compliant (myself and my mate are newbs) and the other 2 people were quite alive with their stuff. The rest was sparring.

I ''sparred'' with a BJJ purple at last. I think I've been caught in every arm lock that the lord ever created. I also need to learn a submission from mount. Come to think of it, I just plain suck: which isn't too surprising. I found the idea of relaxing really helpful, which I can thank the CHUN for ;)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go to the YMCA and do judo and boxing.

Then go in own the head ninja.
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ah_dut
    Just for you Tonuzaba: Bearing in mind the fact that I thought it would suck, it was great. There was 20 minutes of LARPism and then then something like 2 hours of BJJ. Something like 40 minutes of drilling stuff relatively compliant (myself and my mate are newbs) and the other 2 people were quite alive with their stuff. The rest was sparring.

I ''sparred'' with a BJJ purple at last. I think I've been caught in every arm lock that the lord ever created. I also need to learn a submission from mount. Come to think of it, I just plain suck: which isn't too surprising. I found the idea of relaxing really helpful, which I can thank the CHUN for ;)
    Thanx, ah_dut, I hope you saw I wasn't attacking you, it's just that I found the half Ninja/half Gracie situation quite amusing...
    No, I mean, really - this must be the most unusual Gracie (purple) belt photo ever:

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What should the red caption for that be?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You really think I'll own a gracie purple by doing Judo and Boxing? Yes, that probably is the weirdest purple belt pic I've ever seen but I will say one thing: he was damn good.

and good morning to you too supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonuzaba
    Thanx, ah_dut, I hope you saw I wasn't attacking you, it's just that I found the half Ninja/half Gracie situation quite amusing...
    No, I mean, really - this must be the most unusual Gracie (purple) belt photo ever:
    Their Chi is so powerful it distorts the camera focus! Remarkable!
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You really think I'll own a gracie purple by doing Judo and Boxing?

Possibly, but that depends entirely on how good you get.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJon
    Their Chi is so powerful it distorts the camera focus! Remarkable!
    Dude - they're ninjas if you could clearly make out their faces they'd have to kill you.
    I'd say the camera guy was probably shaking with fear.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's sort of like the ultimate "what if" question. Would you train at the only BJJ place if they were also ninjers?

Personally, I'd move.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

It sounds like a good school, considering your options. Start getting used to "whoops I'm 20 minutes late, damn that traffic ;)" Just put of interest do they spar the bujinkan stuff?

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last