Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2007 2:52pm

Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nunonbreak
    But I think most migraines are caused by Cognitive dissonance.
    If so, you should treat your migraines by reading Marshall McCluhan. And thinking happy thoughts and painting pictures of ponies. And not arguing with people on Bullshido.

: )

Also, you should NEVER NEVER EVER think about the fact that "cognitive dissonance" is simply a term, a psychological hypothesis, and as such having no actual physical component, couldn't actually do anything for your migraines once you realize, uh, never mind.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    3/26/2007 2:55pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All the info I have about migraines comes from the book I reffered to, "Migraine" by Valerie South
    http://www.amazon.com/Daily-Telegrap...4938392&sr=1-1

Most ppl I have talked to who used to get migraines say they stopped in their 40's (my mother for one).

Pat, like I said I think that last migraine was caused by a girls perfume, mixed with rolling. Stupid vanilla perfume.

nunonbreak, if you think migraines are brought one simply by having "cognitive dissonance", then I would call you a fool.

Stress is a contributing factor, like the stress in "cognitive dissonance", but attributing migraines to this alone is retarted. I've gotten migraines when im not stressed at all. Pregnent women get migraines. Babies are believed to get migraines. You can get migraines during sex (god I hope this never happens to me!). So saying that they are caused by conflicting thoughts its total bullshit.

And in fact most over the counter migraine medications ARE just the same as everything else, but with a different marketing sceme. Most are STILL ibuprofen, except that maybe they are in a different form, such as a liquid gel which is absorbed much easier by the stomach. The stomach actually stops digesting things when the headache kickes in, so if you know a migraines is coming, start taking your meds fast, or they may not help.

When I get a migraine, my doc recommended taking 3 extra stregnth tylenol (1500mg acetominphen), and 3 222's (975 mg aspirin w/ 24mg of codeine). I usually throw in some gravol after im done hurling.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/26/2007 3:00pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by noto
    I have Ophthalmic Migraines from time to time, which is the vision problems without the headache. I get spots in my eyes and feel really uncomfortable for about 30 min and then it goes away. I consider myself very lucky.
    Lucky bastard. This is my warning sign for a severe lay down, room dark, don't move, puke fest, no talking, miserable day.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    3/26/2007 3:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has anyone here freaked out at someone for telling you to take some tylenol and stop complaing about your headache?

Because I have.....

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    3/26/2007 3:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's when you puke down thier shirt.

Posted On:
    3/26/2007 3:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's when you give them a free sample of your migrane by kicking them in the brainstem.

I already mentioned my friend with the hydrocephalus. The amount of morphine she has to take to lessen her migranes would probably put most of you guys in the hospital. If excedrin or E.S. fucking tylenol can fix that **** for you, you have what is commonly referred to as a 'headache'.
    Last edited by Neildo; 3/26/2007 3:37pm at .

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    3/26/2007 8:27pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just so everyone knows, migraines can present without any visual disturbance. Common migraines are this kind, while Classic migraines give you visual disturbances. these are the two main kinds, but there are at least 7 in total.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2007 10:27am

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ive had one Migraine before and I hope never to have one again. I couldnt open my eyes as light caused sever pain and discomfort. I couldnt move because I felt like I was going to throw up. Sound, light or movement all felt so intense It was horrible. Lucky for me I was at school so they werent aloud to give me ANYTHING. So I ended up trying to get home but after passing out on the grass on the way to the bus stop I decided that I better pick my arse up and go back to school. Laid in a dark room for probably an hour in pain. Fortunatly the migrain went away on its own after about two hours.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234