Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 8:30pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

F***ing Migraines

Yesterday was the only night in the past 2 weeks, and likely the next 2, that I had time to train at the dojo, and I get a Migraine during the warm-up!!!

And by migraine i mean first i loose 70% of my vision for an hour, then I throw up lots, and feel like **** for a whole day with a killer headache. Picture the worst hangover you've ever had, but without the night of fun to earn it.

I still feel like **** now 24 hrs later.

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 8:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, we can think about what the trigger might be. Maybe it's allergies. You could dose up on allergy meds, or see an allergy doc to get tested out. Last good drug I saw for migraines is Imitrex, but I have not been keeping up on the subject.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 9:10pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Isn't Imitrex like $20+ a pill? I don't get them that often anymore. I actually think the trigger was a perfume on a girl I was rolling with. That and stress from school and ****.

I've done a lot of reading on migraines, so I've got a good understanding of them. Its just fucken annoying.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/23/2007 3:56am

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    theres a tablet in the uk called 'migraleve' thats pretty cheap nad effective, dunno if you can get it over there? i used to get migraines, its a hereditary thing apparently

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/23/2007 7:26am

Style: TKD, uber BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only thing that ever worked for me was sleeping. I got some medication, but, I would just puke it up anyways.

Posted On:
    3/23/2007 10:59am

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, you do get teh r34l migranes. Most people whine "i have a miiiigraine" but it's usually just a bad headache. I haven't had one in a while but i have no wish to return to the 'world of white' as i like to call it. Can't see, all i can hear is white noise, and it feels like i'm underwater. Most unpleasant.

A friend of mine has hydrocephalus, and gets some pretty powerful morphine for it.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/23/2007 11:13am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Losing Weight

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    migrane = potassium time

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/23/2007 11:18am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Our family, house, and church are all fragrance free due to migraines caused by chemical smell **** on a friend. You might check it out. She had no idea and the drs had no idea until she realized that flying made her sick. Then she realized it was only when she flew through Denver, then isolated the cause as the fragrance emitters in the airport. Now she's ok and her office is going fragrance free. Fragrance is poison.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    3/23/2007 11:23am

Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Get a CAT scan it could be a brain worm. And yes they cause Migraines and eventually blindness and paralysis. Paranoid now?

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    3/23/2007 11:44am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Get a CAT scan it could be a brain worm. And yes they cause Migraines and eventually blindness and paralysis. Paranoid now?
    No.

An EXTREMELY small number of migraines are caused by other ailments. Those beings aneurisms (sp?) and tumors, and they present with much more serious symptoms.

If your mother has migraines, there is a 50% chance that you will have migraines. They usually stop occuring in ppls 30s and 40s.

I got some aromatherapy stuff that I sleep next to, it worked great for more than a year. It can make it hard to actually get tosleep though so sometimes I close it up. Gonna keep it open from now on. I've had three since october.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast