resident sick ****

Posted On:
    3/21/2007 10:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Was Kimura just toying with Helio

Was Kimura just messing with Helio to put a show for the audience for ten minutes?
    カンフー

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 9:37am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kyokushin\Judo\BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember reading somewhere that Kimura had told Gracie that if he lasted more than 3 minutes he could consider himself victorious (I don't remember where I read it though), so it's unlikely that he was delaying the end of the fight.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 9:41am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I doubt it. Helio was good wnough to hold him off for a while.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 9:48am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
    Was Kimura just messing with Helio to put a show for the audience for ten minutes?
    I don't Kimura was for that kind of PR bullshit and delay a submission just to entertain the masses. He was an sportsman, an athlete and a man of ethics. If the fight took that long was because Helio was capable of putting a good fight. Plain and simple.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 9:55am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kimura was obviously toying with him as he ironically finished him off with a Kimura

(just in case anyone is confused and bewildered I am joking)

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 10:06am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr. Jones, are you willing to provide any arguements towards your own question or is this thread slipping towards Trollshido?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 3:07pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^ Have you heard of a PM?

As for the topic, no, I don't think so. I would seriously reconsider any vestiges of honour and manliness I had within myself if I toyed with a 130 pound man whom I outweighed by at least 40 pounds. Helio was a great fighter, and the fact he was able to stave off the onslaught of Masahiko Kimura for as long as he did is all the more amazing.

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 3:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Depends on who you ask. A BJJ nutrider or a judo nutrider. And that is really all that can be said about it.

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 3:39pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecks
    I would seriously reconsider any vestiges of honour and manliness I had within myself if I toyed with a 130 pound man whom I outweighed by at least 40 pounds.
    Um, sorry, but that weight difference is another of the Gracie-propagated myths. It comes up every so often here in various forms. Here's a debunking of it I posted a while ago:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...989#post759989
    Kimura was vastly stronger than Helio, but this had much to do with his insane exercise regime which supposedly incorporated a thousand pressups daily and nine hours of training.

Kimura did spend quite some time as a professional wrestler, and I've heard the rumour that Mr Jones is referring to somewhere before. It's hard to say, as in My Judo he refers to other fights he'd been in as definitely being works, but doesn't say this of the Gracie fight; on the other hand, this is what he does say:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimura
    The gong rang. Helio grabbed me in both lapels, and attacked me with O-soto-gari and Kouchi-gari. But they did not move me at all. Now it's my turn. I blew him away up in the air by O-uchi-gari, Harai-goshi, Uchimata, Ippon-seoi. At about 10 minute mark, I threw him by O-soto-gari. I intended to cause a concussion. But since the mat was so soft it did not have much impact on him.
    Kimura holding back his most infamous weapon for ten minutes seems a little surprising. Still, unless someone can dig up a quote from Kimura saying he deliberately held back, the rumour Mr Jones is referencing probably shouldn't be paid any attention.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 5:42pm

Style: Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Probem was that Helio didnt tap.
    First Helio actually fainted, which you can spot in the video. He regained concience before anyone noticed it though. He also resisted Kimura to the point where his arm broke.. he did not tap.. Kimura kept pushing until the towel was thrown.

The reason why Kimura did pro wrestling was according to "My Judo", to pay for his wifes expensive medicines to treat her turberculoses.(sp?)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast