Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    4/13/2007 5:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KhanomTom
    I think it would be fantastic to see an ITF/WTF merger. Olympics with punching please!
    Unfortunately if they merged, it would only be for the olympics and the sparring would not change. In all actuallity, any ITF guy can compete at the Olmpics. They just have to qualify at the different tournaments like everyone else. There really isn't any real reason why these two should merge. What purpose would it serve?
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    4/16/2007 11:02pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    More fuzzy wuzzy feelings of unity and goodness while thousands of North Koreans continue to suffer and die in concentration camps.

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    4/20/2007 12:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    True, 108. I remeber seeing a doc where a German Dr. compared NK to the concentration camps of Nazi Germany. A GERMAN doctor. How bad does it have to be for a German to bring up Nazi Germany as a comparison?

Posted On:
    4/20/2007 10:38pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are a lot of Germans involved in the NKHR movement...a lot them due to cultural guilt...also because Germans understand what it is like to have your culture divided.

Also, it would be hard to Godwin the North Korean Human Rights discussion as the concentration camps make Auschwitz look tiny by comparison.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/22/2007 11:05am

Style: TKD ITF, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's more info on the merger:

http://wtf.org/site/news/wtf.htm?realnum=154&mode=view

The World Taekwondo Federation and the International Taekwon-Do Federation held their first meeting of the Coordination Committee for Taekwondo Integration in Beijing, China, on March 31, 2007.

The meeting is the results of a Mutual Agreement between WTF President Chungwon Choue and Mr. Ung Chang, president of the ITF, in Doha, Qatar, on Dec. 2, 2006. The two takwondo bodies held four rounds of working-level talks for the full-fledged meeting, with the first working-level talk taking place on June 27-28, 2005 in Beijing.

At the Beijing meeting, the Coordination Committee for Taekwondo Integration was officially formed, with Mr. Dai-soon Lee, vice president of the WTF, and Mr. Ryu Song-il, chairman of the Merger Committee of the ITF, as its co-chairmen.

For the talk, the WTF fielded a six-member delegation, led by Mr. Lee. The other delegates were WTF Secretary General Jin Suk Yang, Mr. Kyu-seok Lee, member of the WTF Council, Mr. Kyong-myong Lee, chairman of the WTF Education Committee; Mr. Manseek Choe, deputy secretary general of the WTF; and Mr. Seok-jae Kang, director of the WTF PR Division.

The ITF also sent a six-member contingent, headed by Mr. Ryu. The others were Mr. Ri Yong-son, executive director general of the ITF; Mr. Ro Yong-sok, chairman of the ITF Technical Committee; Mr. Anto Nobilo, member of the ITF Merger Committee; Mr. Won Se-yon, member of the ITF Technical Committee; and Mr. O Won-il, member of the ITF Merger Committee.

The two parties confirmed their respective positions on the mission, authority and operation procedures of the Coordination Committee for Taekwondo Integration.

Other than the exchange of materials related to taekwondo poomsae and kyorugi, both parties decided to deal with technical matters first, in the hope of producing tangible results.

The two parties also agreed to decide on the date and venue of the next meeting through consultations later with each other.

At the meeting, the WTF delegation also suggested its three basic principles as follows:
    - The WTF respects the Olympic Charter and its regulations to embody the basic principles of the Olympic Movement.
    - The WTF is committed to the development of taekwondo.
    - The WTF respects the order and the rules and regulations of international sports federations.

In this regard, the WTF made it clear at the meeting that all the agreed matters at the Coordination Committee shall take effect upon approval of the two taekwondo federations’ highest decision-making bodies, such as the Executive Council and the General Assembly.

“It is important for the WTF to abide by the decision of its highest authority, the General Assembly. The approval process is also in line with the Dec. 2 Mutual Agreement stipulating the respect of the parties’ agreement on June 28, 2005,” said WTF Vice President Lee.

He said, “In the meantime, we will review the ITF’s partial set of materials on taekwondo poomsae and kyorugi, which we received in Beijing. Nonetheless, I wish to emphasize that we require the ITF’s full set of materials to better understand the differences between the WTF and the ITF, before we decide on the second meeting of the Coordination Committee.”

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 12:13am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do (ITF)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm afraid that I must say that I am against the merger. I am a classic ITF TKD guy and never much cared for association with WTF TKD sparring. Gah, it disgusts me thinking of the modern flutter kicking. Bleh. In their defense, I must also say that I am not a fan of modern ITF sparring either. Whatever happened to the good ole days of Blood n' Guts full contact? Good ole Keith Yates, Pat Burleson, Allen Steen, and for God sake Chuck Norris? Why did they let everything get so soft? I don't really expect an answer, just stuff to ponder.

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 6:20am

Style: Kickboxing/Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I doubt the rules will change. The IOC has a strong ethos about promoting sports that do no harm and the medical evidence about the effects of head trauma are too pervasive to ignore. Boxing is only still around because of its age and coming in before we know what we know now, and even it has changed in response. Taekwondo probably never would have made it in with head punching. Head injury is already extremely common in competition and the rules are probably the absolute most severe set possible.

This is also why Olympic MMA style events, Sanda, et al are all pipe dreams of various advocates.

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 9:36am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by khadgar
    I'm afraid that I must say that I am against the merger. I am a classic ITF TKD guy and never much cared for association with WTF TKD sparring. Gah, it disgusts me thinking of the modern flutter kicking. Bleh. In their defense, I must also say that I am not a fan of modern ITF sparring either. Whatever happened to the good ole days of Blood n' Guts full contact? Good ole Keith Yates, Pat Burleson, Allen Steen, and for God sake Chuck Norris? Why did they let everything get so soft? I don't really expect an answer, just stuff to ponder.
    HOw dare you lump Chuck in with the ITF??!?

He was Moo Duk Kwan from the start

Damn your Oh Dope Kwan

poser

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 8:15pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought Norris did Karate.

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 9:40pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I could be wrong...but I don't think any of those guys mentioned were ITF...
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast