232387 Bullies, 3961 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I suck Rudy Abel's Dick, I love the taste.

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 10:56am

Style: Traditional TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

TKD Hall Of Fame

Mr. Gerard Robbins, a frequent grand champion from the 1970s, assembled this HOF. It is not a pay-to-play site by any means, but rather a compilation of who he believes are/were some of the big movers and shakers he has come across in his many years of participating in TKD. IMO, a very very good list.

http://www.lacancha.com/taekwondohalloffame.html

The page takes forever to load, with over 600 photos.

This could be a good thread to talk about some of the lesser known people on the list, maybe people you know on it from your region. We could learn a lot from such exchanges of information.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 1:03pm

Style: taekwon-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i saw this hof a while back seems 2 be a fair one ie mentioning both ITF & WTF tkders

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 1:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They forgot to add Ernest Lieb in the 1st generation (60's). He was the first American to win a title from Korea at the Taesoodo Championships.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 2:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by emboesso
    Oops...my mistake.

I had the privilidge to talk with Mst. Lieb prior to his death. He was supposed to visit us at the AKA Grand Nationals (a tournament he started 42 years ago, that our school now runs.). We were sadden by the notification of his death.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

"Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 5:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    apart from one picture i dont see much mension of gen choi hong hi though

Charlie Don't Surf

Posted On:
    2/08/2007 7:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alnwicktkd
    apart from one picture i dont see much mension of gen choi hong hi though
    Can of worms.

I'm glad to see Dr. Min in there. He was a good friend of Choin Bong-young, my instructor Sean Owen's instructor, and Sean earned his 2nd dan from Dr. Min. My first exposure to Oly style TKD was in Berkeley studying under Dr. Choi for a summer while I was in college.

I was also glad to see Lee Dae-sung and William Oliver. They were both really good friends with my instructor in Hawai'i, Joe Bennet. They used to talk story about the old days when they did bare knuckle fights and they always worked really hard together to run the tournaments in Hawai'i.

I'm surprise they don't have Danny Kim on there, since he won two world titles and one silver.
    Last edited by TEA; 2/09/2007 12:13pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 3:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [quote=TEA]Can of worms.

Didnt realize he was still unpopular in some circles seen as how he's dead

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    2/09/2007 11:50am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alnwicktkd
    Quote Originally Posted by TEA
    Can of worms.

Didnt realize he was still unpopular in some circles seen as how he's dead
    This basicly opens up the debate of who "founded" TKD. It also opens up the debate of Choi's real credentials. This isn't just a can a worms, it is pretty much a box of nightcrawlers. :)
    Jeremy M. Talbott

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2007 8:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is one name on the HOF which I seriously question, one Byun Min Kim.

I saw him do a demo at a WTF tourney, which they introduced as "very rare forms", which were actually only the three chul gi forms. He showed a lot of strength and suppleness, especially for an older man. And he was the only grandmaster present who did any kind of demo, props for that.

But I'm not aware of any great accomplishments on his part and he has no great history in the NY area. His school is a McDojang of the highest order, selling tea and teapots for black belt "tea ceremonies."

He is a recent addition to this HOF and I suspect he submitted his name himself and Mr. Robbins just threw him on there.
    you suspect but you have no proof you say yourself he was the only master present to do a demo doesnt this prove he is willing to back up his status as a master compared to others

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2007 9:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It wasn't a great grandmaster demo. I've seen way better. I'm not arguing that he's not a GM though, just about his status on that otherwise impeccable list.

I'm not aware of any of his students going on to do anything very impressive, unlike the older GMs in the NYC area.
    in what way was his demo inferior did he lack full contact sparring or was it just co-operative self defence drills.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast