Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/21/2007 8:48pm

Style: MuayThai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thats the right fight, but I'm the other guy... the one wearing light blue "Shark" shorts with black trim. Matt's wearing the "Punisher" shorts

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    3/21/2007 10:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As much as I gotta support a guy with Punisher shorts, I'm glad to hear that you could still hold your own without training for the fight dude. Glad to see you're still active in the community.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Posted On:
    3/21/2007 11:16pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am well aware that you can fight exhibition bouts even after you go pro. I was more looking as to the reasoning why KK chose to do so. Of course he is quite humble and wouldn't state it without being asked. Hmmm, he's sneaky too!
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 5:00am

Style: Shootfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well done, I can barely eat and watch the TV at the same time, so multi-tasking for the win!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 10:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The reason I fought him is simple enough....

His coach/gym/fight-team are really big supporters of my event series. They have provided up to half of the fighters on my last 2 events. So naturally, I do everything I can to see that they get the matchups they want.

They wanted this guy to fight on the evening card as part of a testing process they have going for him in the gym to acheive his black belt in a traditional martial arts program they offer (some kind of Jujutsu). The rest of his test was to take place this week.

Normally, the black belt test they offer includes a few rounds of hard sparring, but due to the proximity of his test to the MMA/MT event that I was co-promoting with one of the guys coaches, they decided to make the fight as part of his test. Since I didn't want to see this part of his test "fall through", especially considering all the support these guys give me, I decided to "man up" and be the guys punching bag for 3 rounds.

I just wish I had trained for it a little bit, because I didn't really push him very much. I worked him a little, can caught him with a few hard kicks and knees, but overall I was too tired to be active and really PUSH him.....

That's really all there is to it....

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 11:44am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am impressed Khun Kao. Not only with the fight vid, but the fact that you were so involved with the entire event. Let me know when the next one rolls around!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/24/2007 10:20am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    I am impressed Khun Kao. Not only with the fight vid, but the fact that you were so involved with the entire event. Let me know when the next one rolls around!
    THANKS!

I don't have an exact date yet, but I'm *hoping* to hold my next event in either mid-June or early July.... About 1 month prior to the WKA North American Championships. I'm still waiting for them to release the specific date, though....
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12