Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2007 6:43pm

Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So whats the common idea here? And well if I dont choose to or even make 160 for this tourney. Do you have any diets that would help me get there by May?

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/19/2007 8:20pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Diets? Wrestlers don't diet. We just starve ourselves to the point of stunting our own growth.

Seriously, two weeks is the BARE minimum to start cutting more than six or seven pounds in a healthy manner. Like some of the other posters said, don't try to cut down before this tournament. You will be beating yourself due to exhaustion before you step out onto the mat.

As for diets, I used to eat nothing but lettuce for breakfast and lunch when I cut weight. Then I'd eat a healthy dinner. However, I'm sure there are better methods today.

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    3/19/2007 8:29pm

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lots of greens for bulk and fiber. Cut your carbs back to a portion a day. Lean skinless/boneless/whit meat chicken and tuna packaged in water. Apple, catalope, honeydew, pineapple and grapefruits make good snaks (portions that is). No sugars, dairy or salt. Swim swim and swim more. You burn more calories and work more muscles swimming. All that and stick with your normal routine. A good series of multi vitamins is a must, you know, just in case.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2007 8:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The most I've ever cut was about 10 pounds and what I did was just run and practice as usual. And like starting about 3 weeks before hand get rid of all of my little treats ie soda,candy,junk food in general. That got rid of about 7 of it then I cut about 4 pounds of water. But there still the matter of the other 7 pounds yet. I'm pretty certain it's to late to cut 160 by the 30th so I'm betting more on my ability to cut it by May. For my Freestyle & Greco state championships as well as other major off season tournaments like northern plains or maybe even Fargo which would be trippy if I made it.

Posted On:
    3/19/2007 11:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You need to figure out if you are a 160-pounder or a 171-pounder and stick with one or the other. Realizing there are consequences to either decision.
    Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your signatures.

Posted On:
    3/19/2007 11:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mas
    Just wrestle at the weight you're at, anything else would be extremely unhealthy and frankly you'd perform better at the weight you are right now rather than the weak, tired person you'd be if you dropped that much weight.

Not necessarily, but you need to know what you are doing and have a pretty good cost/benefit analysis in hand first.

Posted On:
    3/19/2007 11:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tabwyo
    Lemme guess.. you over did it once and was in the shitter all day and had a crappy match because you felt like **** or was in fear of filling your shorts. Fact is natural laxatives are a common and safe weight cutting tool. Nothing industrial like ex-lax. Ex-lax will throw you off for days.

Fiber rich food to help loosen up about 4-5 days befor. Lay off food 2 days befor and use a gentle laxative to purge the rest of the fecal material. Your body can hold from 3-7 pound of **** at anyone time. More in extreme cases or if you have alot of impacted fecal material. You could also try DA DUM DA DUM DA DUM.... an enema!!!!! That'll help loosen up impacted fecal metrial as well.

Uh...no. There's no need for all that mess. If you have been cutting for any length of time you'll be cleaned out enough without further taxing your system. Not to mention the fact that when you do make weight and load up the night before, if you have been foolishly taking laxatives you will be more likely to **** out the stuff you want to put in. Its just not necessary. A false hope shortcut.

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    3/20/2007 9:53pm

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess we need to define laxative..... I am meaning a natural fiber supplament.

Personally I don't cut with laxatives but I do regularly take fiber supplaments to keep things going as fast as they are coming in. Watering up also aids in regularity. Changing diets tends to throw an athletes digestive system off since your body will tune to what your giving it, if your on a regimented diet that is. Fiber helps smooth things out. Also, ever notice how you just can't seem to ****, on time that is, once you've started to fast befor weigh-ins??? It's the digestives systems natural reaction to a lack of food. Anyone on a regimented diet and training schedule can usually set thier watches by thier bowel movements. Fiber will help you over that little hump and get the easy weight out of the way so you know where you stand. Once the **** is out of the way you can determine the rest of your cut work, ie.. sauna, water dep and so on.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12