Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2007 11:29pm

Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Cutting Weight

Hello, I've got a question on cutting weight. I have wrestled at 171 pounds all year and am thinking of cutting to 160 for the ASICS Folkstyle National Championship. And I currently weigh 177 pounds right now. And I'm wondering if you all know any good diets or regiments for cutting the wieght. The tournament weigh ins are on March 30th any ideas?

Posted On:
    3/18/2007 12:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When's the last time you were at 160?
    Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your signatures.

Posted On:
    3/18/2007 9:45am

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    17 lbs on what i am assuming to be an already stacked person is going to be a bitch.

run everyday.

for the last ten days drink 2 gallons of water a day until the last three days wherein you drink absolutely nothing but a sip everi hour.

eight meals a day, but just the tiniest bit of green, beans and brown rice.

gentle laxatives and diuretics before you weigh in.

pedialyte to get back up.

energy bar split into multiple pieces to be eaten every half an hour on the day of tournie.

Posted On:
    3/18/2007 3:02pm

Style: Lethargy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Vast amounts of water + some Laxatives will make you drop weight. 12 days seems fairly tight though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2007 9:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I have about 9-11% body fat it flucuates. And am just thinking i have a better chance at 160 then 171. Just figuring I'll be bigger and stronger then most of them. Well any other ideas?

Posted On:
    3/18/2007 11:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you haven't seen 160 in the last 12 months, forget it. Take it from someone who was a master of cutting weight; at a certain point your match becomes you against the scale and the rest falls away. If you were fat or carrying a lot of water, ok, but at 10% you don't have much to lose and not enough time to do it. I absolutely see the benefits of cutting, but if you do it late or do it wrong it will drain you too much.

Btw, don't listen to the 'laxatives' crowd. Using that stuff the wrong way will rip you up inside and dehydrate you more than conventional water-cutting.
    Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your signatures.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2007 12:07am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't do it that close when you haven't cut that degree of weight before. You'll end up killing yourself to do it and you won't perform well.

If you are dead set on doing it I'd follow the suggestions above and it will be a huge bitch to do. Don't mess with laxatives or diuretics though. Cutting your food and water intake over the last couple days will accomplish the same thing and not wreck your body in the process. Be prepared to eat and drink nothing at all on the last day and probably have to do a sauna sweat as well.

Antiquated

Posted On:
    3/19/2007 2:55am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just wrestle at the weight you're at, anything else would be extremely unhealthy and frankly you'd perform better at the weight you are right now rather than the weak, tired person you'd be if you dropped that much weight.

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    3/19/2007 11:23am

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wakinonioi
    Btw, don't listen to the 'laxatives' crowd. Using that stuff the wrong way will rip you up inside and dehydrate you more than conventional water-cutting.
    Lemme guess.. you over did it once and was in the shitter all day and had a crappy match because you felt like **** or was in fear of filling your shorts. Fact is natural laxatives are a common and safe weight cutting tool. Nothing industrial like ex-lax. Ex-lax will throw you off for days.

Fiber rich food to help loosen up about 4-5 days befor. Lay off food 2 days befor and use a gentle laxative to purge the rest of the fecal material. Your body can hold from 3-7 pound of **** at anyone time. More in extreme cases or if you have alot of impacted fecal material. You could also try DA DUM DA DUM DA DUM.... an enema!!!!! That'll help loosen up impacted fecal metrial as well. And there are alot of studys showing that a clean colon help with stamina, illness prevention and a alot of other things.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2007 12:30pm

Style: BJJ and Westernized TKD.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mas
    Just wrestle at the weight you're at, anything else would be extremely unhealthy and frankly you'd perform better at the weight you are right now rather than the weak, tired person you'd be if you dropped that much weight.
    I SECOND THIS OPINION.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast