Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/23/2003 1:48pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    than you Jon, I will look forward to your post.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2003 2:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've trained in SCARS, video and with a former Navy CFC instructor. I've also shared some e-mails with Tim Larkin over a year ago regarding some questions I had on SCARS concepts. I've certainly incorporated SCARS in to my teaching and training.

I agree KFSS has a very good understanding of the mechanics, theory, and concepts of fighting. It's his attitude that gives other SCARS practitioners a bad name. Thats the main reason I don't talk anything about SCARS here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/24/2003 4:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The differences between Scars and TFT. Tim Larken teaches more about Principles and targets than techniques but it's Scars never the less or should I say Kung Fu San Soo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/24/2003 7:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The differences between Scars and TFT. Tim Larken teaches more about Principles and targets than techniques but it's Scars never the less or should I say Kung Fu San Soo.
    Its interesting that you would say that..or that some people think that anyway. I say that because I no for a fact Peterson is experienced in more than just San Soo. An example in my thread of what I should call what I teach, I ask what I should call it. I ask this question because I have a JKD, Kempo, BJJ, and even a SCARS background. I teach techniques, theories, and concepts that are from all those systems. Two or more systems share universal concepts to fighting. I think if I became successful or the system that I teach was successful, and I called it something other than the above systems, people from each of those systems who wanted to have some identification to what I do would probably say that I taught specifically their system. This is the main reason I'm sure that San Soo people say that is what Peterson teaches by another name, when in fact I'd bet (I know) he has some unique ideas that he teaches.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2003 1:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Its interesting that you would say that..or that some people think that anyway. I say that because I no for a fact Peterson is experienced in more than just San Soo. An example in my thread of what I should call what I teach, I ask what I should call it. I ask this question because I have a JKD, Kempo, BJJ, and even a SCARS background. I teach techniques, theories, and concepts that are from all those systems. Two or more systems share universal concepts to fighting. I think if I became successful or the system that I teach was successful, and I called it something other than the above systems, people from each of those systems who wanted to have some identification to what I do would probably say that I taught specifically their system. This is the main reason I'm sure that San Soo people say that is what Peterson teaches by another name, when in fact I'd bet (I know) he has some unique ideas that he teaches.
    I think you're smoking Yellow Bamboo, I know he has some unique ideas that he teaches all in witch he had trademarked & copy righted. If you look at Scars as a whole 95% is San Soo Peterson change the names to make it sound like a unique idea but if you know San Soo and the five families of San Soo you can clearly see that Scars is rehashed San Soo. TFT is Scars I have been to both and theirs no question in my mind they are one in the same. I like Timís way of teaching, better then Petersonís and Peterson is a ďbull **** artistĒ and has been caught many times in his lies. The Tim Larkin cover up is by far the dumbest thing I have seen yet to come out of Scars it just showsís Petersonís character and who youíre dealing with. To try to discredit a person that has been a friend and who help make Scars and (I know) that Tim had big part in developing Scars it wasnít just Peterson! I feel he has the right to teach it Scars or TFT because Peterson took alot of Tim's ideas in last 10 years and trademarked & copy righted them. Peterson is a much better business man than Tim Larkin and Tim is a much better teacher than Peterson.In the world of making money and business Peterson is a true master, Tim was left with zip-nada big "0" and now to top it off Peterson tries to discredit Tim Larkin, nice guy that Peterson.

Posted On:
    8/29/2003 1:59pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay SJ;

I'll bite, what specifically is your connection to both Peterson and Larkin and specifically what has Peterson said that was B.S. besides his discriptions of Larkin's qualifications. Not that I want to defend Peterson but some of your statements imply a lot and I would like to get things narrowed down. For example do you work for Larkin?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2003 2:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    closeqrtercombat, I just read some stuff from you that defies common sense.

Take a knife and fillet one of your forearms and then try to come back here and tell us it'd do little to end a fight.
  8. DRD

Posted On:
    8/29/2003 3:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't supprt either peterson or larkin, but in watching the videos I have seen peterson make some interesting remarks.

These are from one of the knife and impact weapons tapes.

I'm Going to tell you the facts, right from experience, but then the experience remains unspecified.

When speaking about the special forces community he says, " We wne in as civilians, even though I did have war.
    Only people "ever" accepted into the specialized community".

I've been there, I've had men chop me with machettes, I've had men come after me. I've had more than you want to know about, in a real combat situation, and it's not pretty.

you could have 30-40 hours training or 100-200, you can do them all "knife work" and your going to be an EXPERT, not ten years from now, not 15 hours from now. Your going to be as good with a knife as you are with your hands. Thats how our system works.

This is the same kind on commenst made about how his techniques once seen over a four day period will make you undefeatable against anyone. My problem is that I would like to test one of these students on what they learned in the crash course, say 15 days after they complete it to see what was retained in a workable form.

DRD

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2003 7:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, I happenned!

Posted On:
    8/29/2003 10:16pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If Jerry ever had someone hit him with a machette then he should have the scars to prove it, most likely on areas that a visible, such as the hands, arms, and head, thank you DRD, that didn't sound very truthful of Mr Peterson unless they hit him with only the flat of the blade.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast