Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2003 10:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    P.S.,If you are wondering what this has to do with SCARS,don't forget that Tim was trained personally by Jerry. Anyone up for it?

Posted On:
    8/22/2003 1:43pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Jon:

I don't have $1,500 and expenses just floating around on me so I can't take you up on your offer. I don't show up to classes looking for a money back refund, either I do a course because of what I know about it ahead of time or I don't.

Notice that I did not ask is TFT the real deal? What I was looking for was some sort of analyis on how SCARS and TFT is different. Not some sort of challenge, Is that so hard to provide? If you're connected to Tim, the next time he's on the East Coast I'd be happy to observe one of his classes, that would probably answer my questions, but assuming you have taken TFT you could explain how he's altered Jerry's approach and style.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2003 3:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Samuel,My response was not specifically aimed at you,but rather to ANYONE who wants to see if this is the real deal or not. I mean,after all,is this not the website where I have seen more than one person offer to fly to Hawaii to fight Kungfoolss? I remember one guy offered Kungfoolss $5,000 to knife fight him(Which I found highly amusing). Kung is a proponent of SCARS,by extention,anyone disagreeing with him regarding these teachings can simply go to one of three sources to learn this material:Blake Pererson,Jerry Peterson or former Master Trainer Tim Larkin at TFT Group. Although SCARS does not have the same guarantee,TFT Group will give you every penny of the cost of their seminar back should you decide that what they show you over the course of 3 days is irrelevant to real world fighting. To my knowledge,no one else does this. Hey,I'm not in the TFT Group cheering section,I'm just stating what I have seen firsthand on their own website. You may not have 1,500+expenses floating around,but LOTS of people do,TFT's next seminar is going to have upwards of 50 people there. Like I said,people can put their money where their mouth is,lots of us already have,I've trained with Tim twice and Jerry 3 times. Who would I go back to should I desire more training? Tim. But thats another story :) I'll be glad to PM you and we can discuss the differences between SCARS and TFT at a later time.

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    8/22/2003 3:49pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You have to understand, people here associate SCARS with KFS, so even if SCARS is legit, many bullshidoers have a hard time taking is seriously.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2003 4:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, for one I say that Peterson himself has said that KFSS has nothing to do with SCARS and does not represent SCARS in any form or fashion. So KFSS is just a SEAL jock sniffer, he doesn't speak for anyone at SCARS and therefore shouldn't be viewed as the normal SCARS parctitioner.

Posted On:
    8/22/2003 4:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh yeah, that and having to Americana yourself.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2003 5:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL, McFu!

Posted On:
    8/22/2003 11:55pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd enjoy reading your take on the differences between Scars and TFT Jon, but if we do it on this thread rather than by PM, then everyone interested in this subject gets to read your comments and I think that Tim may gain a few more customers as a result (nothing wrong with that) If you want to only discuss technique as verses personalities on a public forum I'll respect that limitation. What do you think?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2003 9:14am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Well, for one I say that Peterson himself has said that KFSS has nothing to do with SCARS and does not represent SCARS in any form or fashion. So KFSS is just a SEAL jock sniffer, he doesn't speak for anyone at SCARS and therefore shouldn't be viewed as the normal SCARS parctitioner."

You're correct. Kungfoolss is NOT a normal SCARS practicioner. He is head and shoulders above many who study SCARS. I will let you in on a little secret. There are more than a few SCARS/TFT guys that read this forum,mostly for amusement when the subject of SCARS comes up. Kungfoolss is a caustic personality,of that there is no doubt. However,he knows more than 99% of the people I see posting here about combat mechanics. Note that I didn't say 99% of the people who READ this forum. Of the many people I have talked to in the SCARS/TFT circle,who are aware of KFss in the first place,very few can find fault with his posts regarding the mechanics of human movement.

When Peterson said that KFss has nothing to do with SCARS,he was referring to the organization,when he said KFss does not represent SCARS in any fashion,Jerry was referring to the fact that SCARS is not represented by ANYONE other than Jerry,Blake or employees of SICS or Direct Action Corporation. Its that simple. Reading any further into it would only expose a bias towards KFss,and thus have nothing to do with the facts at hand. KFss has made no secret of the fact that he finds amusement/disagrees with some of Jerrys actions over the years. So the term jock sniffer,besides being an overused phrase,is an incorrect assumtion on the part of many.

Samuel,I will answer your question about the difference between SCARS/TFT in the next few days.

Posted On:
    8/23/2003 9:40am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    True, many of KFS's theories are correct, when he takes the time to write them out instead of baiting people. It sucks that someone so intelligent seems to have so many character flaws and personality defects.

His kung foo pics are pretty funny too.

Jon,
    On a more serious note, since you actually seem intrested in a discussion, could you explain the mechanics of what is going on in my sig? I found the thing so laughable I had to put it in there. Is this truly SCARS groundfighting?

As to the "SCARS club" that lurks here, if they don't post, they don't exist.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast