Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2003 12:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've heard the same thing about knives from others including a few FMA guys. Also outside of Westside Story how many real knife fights are there where two guys have knives out and ready?

I did like Larkins ad about two guys fighting and one is choking the other. It actually made a pertty good point.

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    8/17/2003 1:46pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Start a new thread on this and I bet Deus will jump in. He knows alot about knife combat and his veiws on this should not be missed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/19/2003 4:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tim was always going to be Number 2 to Blake. This,coupled with Jerrys ego really didnt leave Tim with much choice. The actions of Jerry have been kinda childish. Telling the world on the SCARS web page that Tim was never a Master Instructor when I have reams of paperwork with Tim clearly labeled as such doesnt do much for Jerrys credibility. Tim is doing a good job at what he does. If you want a laugh,go to the SCARS web page and check out Jerrys answer to Tims TFT Group. Its called "The Knights of SCARS". Had me on the floor in tears. Jerrys forgotten more than I will ever know about H2H,but the marketing people he chose to hire suck.

Posted On:
    8/19/2003 5:18pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you Jon, and once again most of us on this board don't dislike SCARS per se, but unlike BJJ its so friggin expensive that we can't simply take a course and make up our own minds as to its validity.

Due to its expense its practically a semi-hidden art, video does only so much. Its also been quite oversold, you know "the beat any man alive hype" even if your 5'6 and out of shape bullshido. I appreciate that Tim has chosen not to go down this exaggerated route.

If you've taken Scars and studied with Tim we would be interested in your insights into how they're teaching styles and curriculum (sp) differ. I wish Tim the best.

Posted On:
    8/19/2003 5:26pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I also couldn't find the knights of scars section on the scars website. Directions would be helpful.

X

Posted On:
    8/19/2003 5:29pm

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.scars.com/access7.html

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    8/19/2003 5:30pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.scars.com/access7.html

It's under the level 2 stuff, halfway down.

Posted On:
    8/19/2003 5:44pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'd hate to see how much those knights will fork out. I'll give Jerry credit for recuiting fifty or so men who will paay him whatever he wants them to.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/19/2003 10:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Knights of Scars" what a freaken joke. Okay, I'll admit the fact that I have a SCARS signet ring. In fact the very first one. They don't have them on the site, you have to get them direct from training at one of the courses. So, I wasn't being completly honest about my SCARS back ground. But after Tim hit the road and Jerry started his little slander campaign, a lot of people jumped ship. You could say that is when SCARS jumped the sharke. Anyway, this knights stuff just takes the cake man. Every now and then I'll wear my SCARS ring...I'm a little embarrased to do so anymore. Tim's the man though. TFTGroup.com Rocks!

Edited by - closeqrtercombat on August 19 2003 22:44:48

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2003 10:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In reply to Samuel Browning, I have a very simple way for you guys to find out if TFT is the real deal. Let them put their money where their mouth is. EVERY seminar comes with a guarantee stating if you didn't think what you learned would be effective in the real world,you can go up to Tim or one of the Master Instructors and demand a FULL refund up to the last minute of class on the last day. Anyone live in Las Vegas who would be willing to spend 3 days with Tim and his Master Instructors? Go to the TFT Group website and look up the dates of the next seminar. Anyone up for it? After all,it will be FREE,right?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast