Posted On:
    3/25/2007 11:00pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Combat Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kein Haar
    Well, no kidding.

Details, man. What exactly is going on with the pendant and bat?

I just like the way it looked..Bat flapping by with red eyes and the pendant glowing red..I'll use it until I find something I REALLY like...

Kenpo Instructor

Posted On:
    3/26/2007 11:05am

supporting member
     Style: American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You did state that price was an issue in your original post, that being said, some suggestion.

Hi point: they come is .380, 9mm, .40, and .45. They are inexpensive and seem to have a great rep considering their price.

Rossi: they make a great revolver in .38 and .357 with different barrel lengths. Once again, not a bad gun for the price.

Shotgun: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...?Item=68701316 This is a great shotgun made in Turkey, and you can't go wrong for the price with two barrels, one for home and one for skeet.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde
    Saving Kenpo souls one at a time!

Put down your purse!

Speed is fine, but accuracy is final. Wyatt Earp, 1888

"For certain 'tis a shameful spite, and dreadful to the heart,
    For an Irishman to see a fight, and not be taking part."

--"How McPherson Held the Floor"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2007 11:25am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hipoint is not known for their reliability.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    3/26/2007 4:15pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just an update:
    We are leaning towards a 9mm semi-auto pistol. 9mm for ammo price and general size. Neither of us are large individuals. Pistol because its a toss up and my wife prefers it. Semi-auto because I like mechanical devices.

Posted On:
    3/26/2007 4:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's wrong with the mechanical workings of a revolver? Plus, they're ultra-reliable, and badass.

Posted On:
    3/26/2007 5:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    My wife wants a gun for home protection.
    Let me just say this: She's a Keeper.

Having experienced some jamming problems with semiautos recently, let me go old school and suggest a revolver for home defense.

PS - I was at the range last week. We were having trouble with a Glock; its soft hammer wasn't popping the hard primers on the cheep range ammo we were shooting. Anyone else ever get this?
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    3/26/2007 7:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde
    You did state that price was an issue in your original post, that being said, some suggestion.

Hi point: they come is .380, 9mm, .40, and .45. They are inexpensive and seem to have a great rep considering their price.

Rossi: they make a great revolver in .38 and .357 with different barrel lengths. Once again, not a bad gun for the price.

Shotgun: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...?Item=68701316 This is a great shotgun made in Turkey, and you can't go wrong for the price with two barrels, one for home and one for skeet.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde
    HI POINT!?!?!?!?!
    UNCLEAN!!!!!! UNCLEAN!!!!!! UNCLEAN!!!!!
    Just an update:
    We are leaning towards a 9mm semi-auto pistol. 9mm for ammo price and general size. Neither of us are large individuals. Pistol because its a toss up and my wife prefers it. Semi-auto because I like mechanical devices.
    Excellent! My Jedi powers are working!!!!!

Having experienced some jamming problems with semiautos recently, let me go old school and suggest a revolver for home defense.
    Most newer higher end semiautos don't really have the much of an issue with jamming as older ones but still you can't go wrong with a revolver.

PS - I was at the range last week. We were having trouble with a Glock; its soft hammer wasn't popping the hard primers on the cheep range ammo we were shooting. Anyone else ever get this?
    Intresting. I've never ran into this problem but heard of something similar, but not with a GLOCK, there is never ever anything wrong with a GLOCK and I will not listen to your blasphemy!!!!!:eusa_naug

What ammo were you using? I usually hit Walmart for cheap ammo (Blazer, Winchester) or buy Blazers at the range. Both run about $11 ea hear and I will shoot about 100~200 rounds on the range.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    3/26/2007 7:56pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I have my eye on this; any obvious deficiencies? The other thread about the XD played no small role in my plan.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/32485

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2007 4:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    So I have my eye on this; any obvious deficiencies? The other thread about the XD played no small role in my plan.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/32485
    Personally I prefer the 4" service over the 5" tactical, but it depends on which you're more comfortable with. The only other thing I can add about the XD, having not read the referenced thread, is a link to the XD torture test. It probably came up in the other thread, but it's worth mentioning anyway, as it showcases the reliability and quality of the pistol.

Charlie Don't Surf

Posted On:
    3/27/2007 11:56am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good choice, but I question the choice of 9mm. I'd go with .40 or .45 for better terminal ballistics. Do a search over on the Tactical Forums for terminal ballistics of pistol ammo to see what I mean. DocGR is Da Man when it comes to terminal ballistics.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast