3/16/2007 8:13am, #1
Are you a Nutrider? Take the test.
Welcome to the nutrider's exam. You will be examined primarily on the various Matt Thornton material. How well do you know your nutriding stuff?
1) The statement "Not in the UFC = ****" is:
2) What would happen if you trained Monkey Kungfu with aliveness?
a) You would make Monkey Kungfu effective.
b) You would improve the system slightly.
c) You would have bad kickboxing.
3) Can the karate chambered punch lead up to more effective strikes like boxing jabs and crosses later?
b) Only if you train it with aliveness.
4) The main reason certain submissions from arts like hapkido or japanese jujitsu are not seen in functional styles like judo and bjj is because:
a) Judoka and BJJ players ignore anything that isn't from their system.
b) Judoka and BJJ players don't often practice these types of locks
c) They're silly.
5) What percent of Asian martial arts are dead patterns?
6) What primary thing should an individual concerned with ground defense on the street be doing?
b) Training a little BJJ and mixing it with RBSD
c) Straight sports jits.
7) What is the difference between the mount in a streetfight and on the mat?
a) On the street the mount doesn't work.
b) The mount has to be modified for the street before it can work.
8) An aikidoist with ten years training tells you that you should start off by doing the basic aikido wristlock againts a knife with compliance for a few years before progressing to aliveness. What is your assessment?
a) It's true.
b) Some people are probably doing that.
c) In ten years that guy has never done aikido wristlock knife defence against a resisting opponent.
9) How would you make an assessment on the effectiveness of wing chun?
a) Assume that it's probably a pretty good style as it has a long lineage.
b) Hold off on making an assessment until more wing chun enters MMA events.
c) The fact that a video showed the two grandmasters of the art fighting like schoolboys is all you need to say it sucks.
10) Is there a single best way to punch?
c) Yes. Boxing
The correct answer in all the above questions is c). If you got all of them right you are not only a nutrider, but you are such a nutrider that you don't see anything wrong with that.
Last edited by Virus; 3/16/2007 8:16am at .
3/16/2007 9:43am, #2
I avoid being a nutrider, yay for me!
Incidentally, I take issue with points four and five but it's YMAS so who cares? Well, me because imposted it but other than me, who cares?
3/16/2007 10:13am, #3
3/16/2007 2:32pm, #4
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
Super nutrider, 10/10, if question 1 refers to UFC 1 through 3.
9/10 for modern UFC. Dana White - I am talking to you!! BRING BACK SOCKER KICKS!!!!!
Socker kicks are good for the sport."Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"
3/16/2007 2:39pm, #5
I don't know Virus...I'm usually more impressed with your work. I give you a 6.8 on the funny scale.Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
...Willing is not enough you must do ~Bruce Lee
3/16/2007 4:14pm, #6
I agree with KempoFist, teh funny was weak in this one. It would benefit from more ninja references.
3/16/2007 5:00pm, #7
- Join Date
- Jul 2006
- New York
yuh, exactly what i was thinking, a little weak & virus is usually the fuckin man. Anyway, i'm kinda curious about people's answers for 4 & 6.
Originally Posted by Virus
Oh also cause the sports jits is fun, and doing that might chill ya paranoid-ass out a little.
3/16/2007 5:12pm, #8
Virus apparently doesn't know very much about SBG.
3/16/2007 5:18pm, #9
I don't see how being right makes you a nutrider."No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal
3/16/2007 5:20pm, #10
- Join Date
- Dec 2006
- Appleton, WI
I answered 'C' for every question because it was always the correct answer.
Is this whole test some sort of trick question?